Pit bull ban in British Columbia, Canada?

Michelle Melsom

So I read in the paper recently that people have been calling for a pit bull ban lately because a boy was bit in the face recently when leaning over a picnic table at a family friends pit bull. This boy is actually a cousin of a friend of a friend of mine. I did have another thread about that story. But I am absolutely appalled by the ignorance of the people in my province wanting to ban a breed, If anything there should be a law to have in mandatory to spay and neuter all pit bulls unless they are being used for showing and/or working purposes only. Maybe a mandatory leash law but banning a breed is just...stupid it makes us look like uneducated idiots, its disgraceful. Pit bulls are not the breed for me not because they are "aggressive" but because they are just not the type of dog I like. My Aunt who lived in the same duplex as me as a child had a pit bull, we shared the same yard and we NEVER had any issue with her dog he was gentle and loving and he died about 4 years ago due to old age. He was an amazing dog and beautiful and I miss him :(

post-5415-13586069473449_thumb.jpg

Those are striking eyes - RIP! :(

I agree - it's stupid. Pit Bulls are banned in Ontario, too. You aren't allowed to bring one into the province (except rescues, and only in certain circumstance), and they aren't allowed to be bred as its against the law. However, if you have a pitbull they won't force you to get rid of it....but it has to be muzzled at all times.