colourist????

emmy-lou

I kno does make you wonder doesn't it.... Another thing that bugs me is i went out and bought Lexi a beautiful girly pink dimontae collar and lead and still everyother person says awww isn't He lovely what's HIS name.. Grrrrrr!!! # Rant over :) badger remark has to b the best yet tho :)

I get that, Mishka has a red harness, collar & lead, the boys both have blue.

It's not hard to work out is it?! Red for girl, blue for boy post-3916-13586069568394_thumb.gif

post-3916-13586069568059_thumb.gif

post-3916-13586069568279_thumb.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh skyla gets the boy comment too one woman once said aww is he a boy or a girl!? So we replied a girl , n she goes oh yes u can tell by her eyes! Really!? Her hot pink collar harness and lead didn't give it away!? :facepalm: lol

N I've had someone ask me when she was a puppy if she'd change colour as she got older . Nope she's a husky not a Dalmatian lol

Eta - my vets thought skyla was an akita :-S

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

I'm not a colorist in the since that I deem dogs unworthy or not to be there breed because of color but I do have color preferences. We wanted a more wolfish looking husky when it came to coat color and well Kuma is a wolf grey so it worked out perfectly. I think most people have color preference toward dogs just as they do with most anything else. Now with Koopa we weren't really looking for a black and white pit bull and wasn't really too fond of black and whites but once we saw Koopa we couldn't say no. And well Koopa is actually not a true black and white, he's seal with chocolate undertones and a gray sheen lol. Now with Tenchi we just wanted a more uncommon color pekingese and most you see are sun peks (brown/redish) and so we got lucky and got a little cream :D

I actually wanted a silver/grey Husky, had to be female as I have 2 male Border Collies & thought another male 'might' introduce trouble.

I had this idea that I wanted a nice mask, I prefer facial markings to a completely white face but that doesn't mean I don't like white faced dogs [ATTACH=CONFIG]57965[/ATTACH] or wouldn't have one ;)

When we went to see the breeder, he had a pure silver bitch who had small silver blobs under her eyes & Mishka. When I saw Mishka's beautiful mask, it didn't matter about the colour any more :D

I still don't know what colour you'd say she is. She's down as black.

Pic as a pup & how she is now, look at her mask :wub:.

She has a cream undercoat which makes her appear brown in summer but other times she appears grey? :P

Whatever colour she is, she's my baby girl & knows it :lolman:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57968[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57969[/ATTACH]

They change so much, she does appear grey there but last summer she looked like this, much more brown in her, strange how much their coat changes :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57970[/ATTACH]

Going to echo Nix and say wolf grey. My boy Kuma is wolf grey and as he blows his coat he changes. He'll be darker with tones of black in the winter and then in summer his beige undercoat shows through. That is typical of a wolf grey coat along with redish patches behind the ears and back legs :D

My husband wanted a red/white when we were looking for our first husky. so thats we looked for and got in Koozie.

I had always wanted a more wolfie looking husky, so i searched and found Keno. Then his breeder offered me Klutch, and the only reason i accepted is i loved his coloring. now i dont push everything else to the way side, if personality/sex/structure doesn't add up, it doesn't matter what color i'd say no. but when looking for a dog, regardless of breed, i will always chose a color/marking that like.

While out on a walk today i heard yet another stupid remark about a husky...... I took daisy for a walk and we met up with a husky owner who has a white husky. Well as we were walking along the track towards the welsh border we over took a couple with their boxer dog.... as we got past them we over heard the woman say to her partner "Thats not a real husky. Real ones are grey". To which i just turn round looked at them and said "Thats not a real boxer it has a long tail" (i know they arent allowed to be docked any more unless its a working dog and the tail would be seen as a hazard). I just wanted her to be on the receiving end of a dumb comment.

Now i must admit before i found this site i was drawn more towards the stereotypical husky markings but since joining i am in no way colourist and really dont mind what colourings the furball has......

So when you were looking for your first husky were you colourist???

xxx

I wouldnt say im colourist per sey. (colourist seems to like racist.)

But our first was a husky gsd and as a pup was black and white and grey. Now he has ginger too so i have no idea what colour scheme he is lol. Storm colours i guess :) its funny tho ive met more pure breed huskies that look like him than gsd crosses, go figure.

I presume its coz he has 75%husky in him.

Angel, well i saw her pic on the rescue site and fell in love. Shes an amazing red and white piebald, there isnt many on here. Daves kodi is a piebald and sorry cant remember owners name but is is viggo? Hes a piebald too.

Our 3rd will be a chocolate brown(deep red) puppy. Why? Because.thats what we really.would like. But i love all huskies, i just have a soft spot for reds/chocalates.

Going to echo Nix and say wolf grey. My boy Kuma is wolf grey and as he blows his coat he changes. He'll be darker with tones of black in the winter and then in summer his beige undercoat shows through. That is typical of a wolf grey coat along with redish patches behind the ears and back legs :D

Cool, thanks for that :)

Looks like I ended up (by accident) with the colour dog I originally wanted :lolman:

Not that I'm bothered because she's a star anyway :D:wub::wub::wub:

It was her 'dirty' face/mask that caught my heart, she looked so cheeky!

Edited by brian brown!