Red around muzzle?

sjwrx

i've recently noticed that it seems more pinkish redish around his muzzle. Also seems to have like a cold sore or some sort on the muzzle as well.

is there something i could possibly apply on it or should i just take him to the vet?

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

Edited by sjwrx
Adding picture

has he been rubbing his muzzle on anything - eg crate?

Not anywhere that I've noticed. He could be possibly trying to get out of his crate, as the tray was slid out a few times when i got home.

He hasn't been in the crate for a few weeks since his neuter and swollen paw. But other then that i haven't noticed him rubbing his muzzle.

Seems I'll need to bring him to my vets.

But they are closed til Tuesday

Is there anything I could use to disinfect?

It was not that bad 6 hours ago so I'm going to assume he was tryin to get out of his crate and his mouth is getting inbetween the wires or something

post-7044-13586069745442_thumb.jpg

Doesn't look like ZRD to me. I would take him to the vets, but for now I would suggest disinfecting the area and applying an antibiotic ointment there. Unfortunately in that area, it's pretty difficult to bandage it, but if you suspect it's the crate, I would keep him out of there for now.

For disinfecting - hydrogen peroxide or betadine would do. It doesn't look really that bad - you could probably get away just with washing the area with some soap and water. You should be able to find an antibiotic ointment in most human pharmacies and most certainly in veterinary ones.

If it seems to be happeneing in different areas it's probably ZRD. Keep in mind ZRD can make the dogs skin itchy causing it to scratch it making it look like a cut or wound. Either way its a good idea to give your Husky something with zinc in it (sardines and fish oil work well for my dog) being as huskies naturally require more zinc.