Books from a dog's perspective...

Elyse

Timbuktu by Paul Auster (not sure if I spelled that right)

A Dog's Purpose and A Dogs Journey by Bruce Cameron and The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stien (I think that who wrote it)

i myself am looking for more books like that too

The Bruce Cameron Books are AWESOME! I wish there were more, so I got a few other books by him but they are not the same, but I am sure they should be good, but I am considering reading them all over again because they were so so so so so so good!

The Art of Racing in the Rain

by Garth Stein

I positively LOVED this book. Its great for dog people and car people. Quite honestly I had to finish it with a box of tissues just to be able to read the words on the page.

This one isn't from a dogs perspective but I also enjoyed "From Baghdad, with Love" and the sequel to it as well.

White Fang and Call of the Wild. Already read them.

Those are the most well known but he has more too. I got on a big Jack London kick once and read quite a few for book reports. One was about and from the point of view of an Irish red setter. I don't recall a lot about it but I think it ended up being rather sad.

Edited by Paranormal Wolf

Is that the full book?

and...any other suggestions? Makin' a list here, so the next time I go to chapters or a 'used' book store, I can look around for these.

The Gutenberg Projects are an attempt to put all of the available public domain books - well, into the public domain. So, yes, these are the entire contents of the books. If you're unaware of Project Gutenberg this is worth a read.

Since they are all books that have fallen through age, normally, into the public domain you'll not find the latest thriller but there is some excellent reading to be found in the old masters!

The Art of Racing in the Rain

by Garth Stein

it got really good reviews, i've been meaning to download it to kindle

Oh, I don't know whether to hate you or love you for that suggestion!!! Just as I didn't know many times whether to laugh or cry at the different situations Enzo got into in the book!! Mr Stein certainly has a way with words and the messages behind the story are so well told!!

Thanks much for the book, it was excellent. (( Now to go get a dry handkerchief!! ))

Oh, I don't know whether to hate you or love you for that suggestion!!! Just as I didn't know many times whether to laugh or cry at the different situations Enzo got into in the book!! Mr Stein certainly has a way with words and the messages behind the story are so well told!!

Thanks much for the book, it was excellent. (( Now to go get a dry handkerchief!! ))

it was so sad. but happy. lol

So am I the only one who has read the Bruce Cameron books : a dog's purpose and a dog's journey ? They kept Mr more entertained then the art of racing in the rain...not that it wasn't a great book but Cameron's a dog's purpose was lovely...funny and a tear jerked and written from a dog's point of view more so than art of racing

This is from Ghost's point of view to be more precise.

post-6960-1358607185287_thumb.jpg

George R.R. Martin has put a couple of direwolves in the series 'A Song of Ice and Fire', and sometimes parts are from their points of views (don't want to spoil much though). In the pictured book, one gets left behind for some time, and since my furball is named after him, see what he thought about it happening.

Just enjoy the picture, if you want dog only books.:whistling: