New Husky Owner

Druid_Ian

Hello all from a rainy England,

We are new Husky owners having just got a beautiful 6 week old bitch called Freya. we also have a 7 year old Japanese Akita bitch called Meishka who adores Freya. we are looking forward to the trials and tribulations as well as the joy owing a husky can bring

Ian

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to Ian and his pack.

Preston is not that far away from Rochdale which is Husky central for the UK

(or so it seems).

Any help or advice you need simply post in the relevant section and you'll soon have helpful advice winging your way.

we have nearly 9000 members from over 6o different countries. from new owners with their first Husky puppy to members who have had generations of huskies.

Don't forget we love pictures. :up:

post-1354-13586070062603_thumb.jpg

HELLO AND WELLCOME TO THE SITE. your kids fur are lovely we are looking forward to keep us update with little Freya progress and Geisha is adorable We are quite a few members here in north west and we have quite regular meets when Freya will be ready to have new husky friend may we will have the occasion to see and salute the little cute pie

wow she/they are stunning, especially Meishka, what made you get a husky?

x

Joanne my wife had Meishka before she met me. we wanted another dog as Meishka is getting on and we thought she needed the company. we both love dogs and talked about getting another and decided on a husky, I am a Prison Officer and she will help keep me fit especially as i am getting on now lol

Joanne my wife had Meishka before she met me. we wanted another dog as Meishka is getting on and we thought she needed the company. we both love dogs and talked about getting another and decided on a husky, I am a Prison Officer and she will help keep me fit especially as i am getting on now lol

ahh thats lovely :) lets hope she doesnt turn out to be a lazy husky....althought thats not a common thing :D

Hello and welcome to you and both your lovely dogs! You've come to the right place for all things husky and all other breeds are welcome too :D Since your little one is only 6 weeks old it would be a good idea to read up on bite inhibition as they are taught this from the mother and litter mates and usually stay with them till 8 weeks old. Its not hard to teach, just takes some consistency and patients. We got one of our boys at 7 weeks and he was very mouthy at first and sometimes bit rather hard. But we worked on bite inhibition and all is now well. Hope you feel right at home here and enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. Feel free to look through threads and post new ones as well.

welcome.

i have 2 akitas myself, love the breed. along with my 3 huskies. my akita is an excellent teacher and isn't afraid to put the boys in their places when needed. i just want to give you a word of advice, just becareful when your husky girl gets a little older, same sex aggression can be an issue with akitas. if that is old news to you, then just disregard it!

Hello and welcome to you and both your lovely dogs! You've come to the right place for all things husky and all other breeds are welcome too :D Since your little one is only 6 weeks old it would be a good idea to read up on bite inhibition as they are taught this from the mother and litter mates and usually stay with them till 8 weeks old. Its not hard to teach, just takes some consistency and patients. We got one of our boys at 7 weeks and he was very mouthy at first and sometimes bit rather hard. But we worked on bite inhibition and all is now well. Hope you feel right at home here and enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. Feel free to look through threads and post new ones as well.

she is a little bit chewy at the moment but we find a chew stick will distract her especially when held at eye level