New Husky Owner

Druid_Ian

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and welcome to you and both your lovely dogs! You've come to the right place for all things husky and all other breeds are welcome too :D Since your little one is only 6 weeks old it would be a good idea to read up on bite inhibition as they are taught this from the mother and litter mates and usually stay with them till 8 weeks old. Its not hard to teach, just takes some consistency and patients. We got one of our boys at 7 weeks and he was very mouthy at first and sometimes bit rather hard. But we worked on bite inhibition and all is now well. Hope you feel right at home here and enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. Feel free to look through threads and post new ones as well.
Ya im still workin on anna's bite as well but she is only about 9 weeks and is getting a little better.

:wub:

Forgive me for asking, but what breed of dog is the older dog and what's their name?

the older dog is Meishka and she is a Japanese Akita poor girl is getting her tail nibbled and jumped all over but we are allowing her to tell pup off to help in pups education lol

Ya im still workin on anna's bite as well but she is only about 9 weeks and is getting a little better.

It took our boy Koopa my pit bull a bit to get his bite inhibition worked out. He was really mouthy for a while and sometimes would bite pretty hard. We just yelled "ow" when he bit too hard and stopped all playing or petting for a few minutes until he was calm again. We stuck with it and it worked, didn't take too long to stop :D

the older dog is Meishka and she is a Japanese Akita poor girl is getting her tail nibbled and jumped all over but we are allowing her to tell pup off to help in pups education lol
Same thing happens to my brothers great pyranese with anna marie! He loves attention but I think he got more attention than he bargained foe with Anna! He does do a good job of wearing her out for her nap times though!