just met...

brian brown

Just met a young lad (15yrs old?) walking past my flat, with a stunning 10 week old Husky puppy, very strong looking puppy too.

I asked if he'd researched the breed, he said no, so I pointed him towards the forum ;), hopefully he'll join & gain some knowledge about this beautiful breed :D

I advised him not to let it run loose off lead, he wasn't aware he shouldn't, so hope he listens ;)

He was a nice lad who obviously loved his dog, I did wonder if he should be walking around at 10 weeks old but the lad said he'd had his 2nd injection. Perhaps the dog is a little older than he said?

Anyway, I probably sounded like a know-all to him but I tried my best, dog was lovely with a gorgeous mask.

Here's hoping he joins up :) I did tell him about Husky Camp in October too & if he joins..... pictures please :D

Well done.

I was on holiday in Blackpool a few weeks ago and gave out 3 HO bizzy cards to various people with Huskies. :up:

@brian brown!, talk to @Sarah about some Husky-Owners business cards she's provided them to others. If you give them out then you aren't depending on the other person to remember ....

'course Sarah, if A card were available as a download, we could print them ourselves .... hint, hint!!

I had a few from the meet in St Helens a few months back but soon ran out, was going to ask for more at Oct Husky Camp ;)

Well done.

I was on holiday in Blackpool a few weeks ago and gave out 3 HO bizzy cards to various people with Huskies. :up:

Everyone I see with a Sibe I stop and chat to, sometimes I think I'm probably a bit 'too much' :redface1::rofl:

I always point people here, I don't know if they join but I'd like to think so :S:P

I'm the same way...had a nice 45 minute conversation with a Gentleman about his Malamute Sunday at the hardware store. He was happy to chat and shared some of his expierences with the 3 Arctic breed dogs he's had over the past 30 years! I told him I couldn't pass him and his pup without at least saying hello! :D

Here's hoping he'll join up :D Good for you for inviting him to learn more about the breed. Never too young or old to learn. I've invited a few people but they never showed up :(

To be honest, when I asked if he'd researched the breed & said no, the only thought that went through my mind was 'oh dear god, not another that'll end up in rescue?!' especially when he said he was going to get a cat but decided he wanted a dog instead.

I mentioned about Huskies getting dodgy tums & the importance of finding the right food etc.

He seemed to love the dog so I thought better to encourage the lad to come here & learn than that happen ;)