Business cards or something

joshmp5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may not run into other people and their Husky's very often but it would be nice to have a few cards stashed in my wallet for those times, places and people that are appropriate.  I've seen that someone has an image that could be sent to vistaprint - how come it's not up here somewhere so that it can be gotten??  Well, in retrospect, I don't really care why it isn't but how about letting us have a way to get a few.

Sarah, want to mail me a handful?  (( VistaPrint would be cheaper than Royal Post, though, I think ))

Can you send me the images please Marc to get some printed? Cheers ears! :P

Can do, will have to route them out though as they were on my failed harddrives. I do have them backed up though with other husky owners related stuff

Thinking of having some made that say...

Huskys are known for having a poor recall

No it doesn't hurt him to stay on-lead

No I'm not damaging him

The Kennel Club DO NOT recommend letting them off lead

GRRR  :angry:

If we can ever get the cards to print, that looks like it would be an excellent "flip side"!

This is the one I made for myself.

Some peeps got these at camp if they won an award :)

Feel free to copy this and use it for yourself.

post-1354-0-41535800-1369754529_thumb.jp

LOL @ You. . . :P

OK you would need to do one of two things with this image.

First save the image to your PC, then. . . . 

1. Purchase some business card sheets from WHSmith or Rymans or some other office stationary supplier.

Then use these to print out the cards.

or. . . 

2. go to http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/vp/ns/default.aspx?mk=vistaprint&ad=e&crtv=26836488426&psite=mkwid%7chrEk5dhs&GP=5%2f28%2f2013+12%3a00%3a35+PM&GPS=2851138593&GNF=1

and use their website to upload the image to design your own cards for them to print for you.

Ok liking the Vista print version,  not sure about the whole upload thing, don't worry, will ask my kids that way I only look like a complete doofus within the family.  Had the same conversation again tonight, with a bonus,  I could have that dog trained in a month !  Comment, considering he smacks his dog when she disobays, keeps calling my male puppy her and Bella, don't think so !

Sarah / Marc, do either of you (assuming it's Saz if you ordered them last time) still have the images "logged" on the vistaprint website? You know when you upload the images, front & back, do they save in some sort of account of basket or something?

Sarah / Marc, do either of you (assuming it's Saz if you ordered them last time) still have the images "logged" on the vistaprint website? You know when you upload the images, front & back, do they save in some sort of account of basket or something?

Yes All designs that you create on the Vistaprint website are saved.

So if you need more it is a quick and simple process to reorder or to make adjustments if needed.

Being my normal obnoxious self ... this thread is getting really foolish!

Does anyone have the current "business card" for Husky Owners?

If you do, would you be so kinds as to put it up somewhere that others can get to so we can also have cards to pass out.  Would you mind telling us the location of the image so we can download it.

If, as been inferred, VistaPrint has the image available, would someone who knows tell the rest of us how to go about requesting cards from VP with that image?

This is beginning to feel a whole lot like "I have them and I'm not going to share!" which in my mind is something resembling a load of bovine defecation. I don't think I've seen a direct answer from anyone in this thread yet!

Being my normal obnoxious self ... this thread is getting really foolish!

Does anyone have the current "business card" for Husky Owners?

If you do, would you be so kinds as to put it up somewhere that others can get to so we can also have cards to pass out.  Would you mind telling us the location of the image so we can download it.

If, as been inferred, VistaPrint has the image available, would someone who knows tell the rest of us how to go about requesting cards from VP with that image?

This is beginning to feel a whole lot like "I have them and I'm not going to share!" which in my mind is something resembling a load of bovine defecation. I don't think I've seen a direct answer from anyone in this thread yet!

Al the only thing different between my card that I put earlier in this thread and "old" official card is that I put "The Greatest Husky Forum in the world" at the top and it also has the latest Forum banner with 3 dogs instead of 1.

I was giving these out at camp. With Sarah and Marc's blessing.

You can consider this design to be Sanctioned for use by the forum Staff.

post-1354-0-81227600-1370107083_thumb.jp

While your image looks sharp enough, when I save it as a jpg and then upload it to them (VistPrint.com) it loses definition badly.

Here's what they have to say:

Resolution Warning

Your selected photo(s) have low resolution and may appear grainy or pixelated when printed. You may choose to use the photo(s) anyway or upload a different one (recommended).

Adding to that, your British card seem to be of a different size than ours ... let me gimp it and see if I can bring it out and down a bit.

Resized to US proportions and saved as a gif and it still overflows the upload area!  Anyone real good with this stuff, I'm not!

And yes, they do appear to save the images, but you also - apparently - have to sign into the account of the person who uploaded them.

While your image looks sharp enough, when I save it as a jpg and then upload it to them (VistPrint.com) it loses definition badly.

Here's what they have to say:

Adding to that, your British card seem to be of a different size than ours ... let me gimp it and see if I can bring it out and down a bit.

Resized to US proportions and saved as a gif and it still overflows the upload area!  Anyone real good with this stuff, I'm not!

And yes, they do appear to save the images, but you also - apparently - have to sign into the account of the person who uploaded them.

Vistaprint allows you to resize the image to fit the card.

The image uploaded to the forum is 1000 pixels by 500 pixels

and was created in Photoshop and saved as a Jpeg.

If you click once on the image , it displays at the full size and gives you the option to save the full resolution image rather than a smaller thumbnail.

Vistaprint allows you to resize the image to fit the card.

The image uploaded to the forum is 1000 pixels by 500 pixels

and was created in Photoshop and saved as a Jpeg.

If you click once on the image , it displays at the full size and gives you the option to save the full resolution image rather than a smaller thumbnail.

jpeg's are good with photos. If you have computer made graphics png's are much more suitable (no quality loss).

jpeg's are good with photos. If you have computer made graphics png's are much more suitable (no quality loss).

Thanks for the info Jos.

Reuploaded this image now saved via Photoshop from original Photoshop file as a PNG. :up:

post-1354-0-19053500-1370112623_thumb.pn

Al, give at go with this one. May yield better quality.

I tried again with your original jpg, and this time they liked it ... go figure.  It was still oversized but eventually reached a point where I was offered the option to rescale the image to fit the card! Fine, do it! Don't ask me to give directions, I'd have to go through it all again to figure out which "option" I took where.  For the US folks, the cards are currently 250 for $10.00 which included free shipping (at 14 days ...)

However, I'm quite afraid that if they'd offered me just one bag, shirt, pen, cup, etc with the image on it, I'd have told them to shove it.  Not as straight forward as it could have been.

and Andy, thanks, really for the image ....

Eventually reached a point where I was offered the option to rescale the image to fit the card! Fine, do it!

I'm quite afraid that if they'd offered me just one bag, shirt, pen, cup, etc with the image on it, I'd have told them to shove it.  Not as straight forward as it could have been.

and Andy, thanks, really for the image ....

No problems Al' hope you got it sorted.