Speeding Course eek

Sarah

Hmmm as some of you may remember, I went to Silverstone a few months ago to watch the Renault World Series - had a bloody fantastic day but got caught speeding on the way there (37 in a 30 and 62 in a 50 :( )

Anyway - I had to take the points for the 2nd one but get to do a speeding awareness course (oh lucky me!) instead that lasts for 3 hours :( I've got to drive to Northampton Cricket Club and yes i WILL be sticking to the speed limit!!

:cry: god it's going to be torture!!!!

My sister lives near the cricket ground as well...i'm assuming you mean the big one, near Abington Park?

I got done for doing 54 in a 40 when i was younger, just had the points and fine tho...and naughty you getting caught TWICE!!!

When are you doing it?

It sucks you have to drive all the way there, surely they could have made you do it at a place closer to you! No wonder your not impressed, its bad enough doing the awareness thing let alone having to drive for 3 hours to get there!

If you need a cuppa afterwards you could always stop by mine lol :D

I know they said that it had to be done in the county where the offence was made :( it sucks :(

The course doesn't finish till 5 and then have a 3 hr drive home but thanks anyway for the brew offer - if I get caught again i'll set off earlier and call in for that brew lol

Aww that sucks! Hopefully it will fly by.... good luck with it! My mum had to do one of these and she said it was a major drag... it did pass by for her quite quickly so hopefully you'll be out of there in no time :D

lol I live near the cricket club... :)

done one myself 6 weeks ago

the worst thing ever its so BORINGGGGGGGGGGGG

I get camera-flashed for speeding all the time. Most in one day was 5 flashes, 3 from the same camera. Fortunately for me, I was driving an ambulance on blue lights at the time, so the summons never gets issued (unless your silly enough to wave at or give the bird to the camera....and yes, that HAS been done, numpties :confused:)

Never had a speeding fine in my own car though. My liscense is my job, so I behave ;)

Well after a 3 hour drive there i arrived in one piece - whoop!

The course wasn't that bad - the two guys running it were hilarious and put things across really well - plus i was the only woman in there for a while whoop go me lol

I actually learnt quite a bit, but must admit I wouldn't like to sit through it again!!!

On my way there i realised I was quite close to Nix, Allen and Lesley so ended up calling in for a brew on the way back which worked out well as the course finished just before 5pm and I didn't fancy sitting on the car park otherwise known as the M6 lol

Soooooooooooooo.............I finally got to meet Carter, Allen's new rescue and he is adorable!! His pictures just don't do him justice (Carter I mean NOT allen lol)

Met up with Nix again as well and got to say her hair looks fab and although her lip is still bruised and a bit swollen it looks great and really suits her :D

Pitty Pagan couldnt fit in my handbag though or I would have dognapped her!!!

A big thank you to Allen and Lesley and Nix for the coffee and a laugh after a tiring day, Allen thanks for insulting me and I haven't forgotten I owe you two slaps for being cheeky! :D:D