Supermarkets

emmy-lou

Its not really a rant but it could be if it happens again...... i went to a petrol station to fill up (as you do)...... when i went in to pay i grabbed the usual chewing gum and asked politely for cigarettes too....... in order to get money out of my purse i placed MY car keys on the counter and started rummaging in my purse...... i was then asked for id for the cigarettes!!!!! so to recap i drove MY car into a petrol station (i was on my own) the cashier watched me fill the car up then asked me if i was old enough to buy fags..... so i went back out to my car unlocked it grabbed my driving licence, locked my car and went back in just for her to stand there for what seemed like an eternity studying my driving licence she then looked at me and said am i right in saying you were born in 81 so that makes you 34....... now either this was a really bad test to see if it was me or she just really needs help!!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate getting id'd its usually tesco that do it but i can go in buy alcohol yet get ask for id to buy fags ffs im 27 lol take it as a compliment on your youthful looks lol

i hate getting id'd its usually tesco that do it but i can go in buy alcohol yet get ask for id to buy fags ffs im 27 lol take it as a compliment on your youthful looks lol

This was tesco too...... but yet i used to go to the same garage before school when i was 15 and buy fags :oops:rolleyes::redface1: and have been using the same garage for the last 16 years lol xxxx

This was tesco too...... but yet i used to go to the same garage before school when i was 15 and buy fags :oops:rolleyes::redface1: and have been using the same garage for the last 16 years lol xxxx

same here same tesco for the last nearly 8 years lol still getting id'd im just going to go with we look young and youthful lol

same here same tesco for the last nearly 8 years lol still getting id'd im just going to go with we look young and youthful lol

My hair dye must be working lol....... i think i found it more amusing that to learn to drive you have to be 17 and for the majority of people you dont pass your test til your 18 ...... but hey i like the youthful looks theory xxx

I know it's a pain being id'd but the onus is not only on the store that sells either cigs or alcohol. The individual making the transaction gets fined personally if they sell either without asking for proof of id. And if you take into account how many programmes have been made and the lengths gone to to catch people out selling to those under age it's no wonder some till workers and stores are so vigilant.

You should see the abuse the girls on nights at our store get. Our local store stopped allowing sales of alcohol after midnight all together because of the level of trouble asking for id caused, when most who come in after 12 are already pissed as farts an looking for a fight when they get refused.

The store I work in has stopped selling cigs after midnight but still sells alcohol. All the plebs like to call in on their way home from a night out and push each other about in the wheel chairs. The thing with that is you can't challenge them. Because you can't ask for proof they may or may not be disabled.

And slightly off tangent, we have a regular body building powder thief. Somehow they manage to empty the contents we assume into a carrier bag and leave the empty tub on the shelf. They're doing this approximately every other week to the value of £60-£80 :/

Saying that we used to have a regular laxative thief, they were saving themselves about £10 a week in laxatives lol

i appreciate the fact that people are just watching their backs by asking for id....... but again i drove in by myself, i lock my car, i filled my car up then went in............ the amount of 17 year olds that drive on the road by themselves is miniscule (joy riders, maybe) and i wasnt really ranting i found her mathematical skills quite amusing xx

i appreciate the fact that people are just watching their backs by asking for id....... but again i drove in by myself, i lock my car, i filled my car up then went in............ the amount of 17 year olds that drive on the road by themselves is miniscule (joy riders, maybe) and i wasnt really ranting i found her mathematical skills quite amusing xx

I appreciate what you're saying and I'm not having ago either, I was just enlightening others on the difficulties asking for id can bring about. And like someone from the US already mentioned its not just about proving age. It's being able to produce id. If I had my teenage son with me while buying alcohol I can be refused on the grounds I may be buying it for him, unless he can prove he's over 18 :/

Its about controlling the populous

I had to produce my passport before being served when I went to Alaska and I was 37

we don't sell liquor in mississippi after 10, beer after 12. but we just go right over the state line to tennessee who sells liquor till 11, and beer till 3!! lol

cigs are sold always here.

Ha ha ha...you don't even want to know some of the screwy laws we have here in Utah! :groan:

what is the smoking age there if you don't mind me asking? it's interesting to compare laws.

The thing I've always found to be confusing is that you have to be over 18 to smoke and drink, yet our age of consent is 16?!! It's like someone said "o.k. So you need to be an adult to handle the responsibility of drinking and smoking but feel free young ones to sleep around if you want. That's not going to be a problem at all!" Very strange indeed!

The thing I've always found to be confusing is that you have to be over 18 to smoke and drink, yet our age of consent is 16?!! It's like someone said "o.k. So you need to be an adult to handle the responsibility of drinking and smoking but feel free young ones to sleep around if you want. That's not going to be a problem at all!" Very strange indeed!

age of consent in my state is 14 ... unless it's in a position of authority so trust me! tell me about it

i tend just to stay at a bar till 2 which is when they close in my town :)

but i am interested whats the difference in utah? isn't that a very "religious" state?

so they say! hmmm where to start. Beer can be purchased at a grocery store or convient store but the alcohol content is only 3.2% No hard liquor or wine sold anywhere other than state run Liquor stores....They've recently changed some of the laws but in order to serve alcohol at bars/ clubs they had to be a private club. A membership had to be purchased to be entered...unless a card member "sponsored" you in. Liquor stores are not open Sundays....I can go on and on! :D

My fav here is 18 to vote or join the military but over 21 to legally drink alcohol.

My fav here is 18 to vote or join the military but over 21 to legally drink alcohol.

you're right. I'd never thought of that one. It's o.k for you to die fighting for your country but heaven forbid you should drink alcohol. Go figure?!