Dropped our boys off today.

Its_A_Husky_Thing

Well me and my wife dropped our boys (Ammo & Gunner) off at the vet this morning to get neutered. They are 10 & 8 months, figured it was about that time. Well see how their attitudes change now...i hope not much at all. She talked to a guy that had his dog done alittle while ago and he said his dog has gotten, kinda cocky, since he was neutered. So i hope ours dont do that. But his dog is also older then ours. Being that they are doing the laser incisions...they heal much faster and hopefully wont need the cone collars.

We get them back later this afternoon, so its nice we dont have to leave them overnight there.

post-8228-13586070435422_thumb.jpg

Edited by Its_A_Husky_Thing

I hope all goes well! Broder was neutered yesterday and he's currently sat by my feet sulking because he has to wear the cone for 10 days! The hardest thing was listening to him wimpering and walking round in circles last night when the painkillers wore off. Hopefully it's the best thing for him!

Poor guy!

I got word earlier, 3 hrs after we dropped them off, that it all went well and they were done. But obviously they wanted to keep them all day to keep an eye on them to see if they were going to lick the incision. Hopefully not. Cant wait to see them tonight after work!

Well its been 13hrs since the surgery, and so far so good. They have been doing very good with not licking the incisions, so no need for cone collars. Hoping it stays that way.

They told my wife when she picked them up that they did Gunner first and put him in a kennel when he was done and took Ammo. When Gunner woke he started whining right away, they didnt know why. So Ammo was done and they put him in a kennel, Gunner was still whining. Still not knowing why they moved Ammo to a kennel next to Gunner, he kept whining. So once Ammo was awake, they put him in the same kennel as Gunner, and he quit whining instantly. Gunner does not like being away from Ammo. Usually as long as he can see him, hes fine. But maybe since he just got out of surgery...i dont know.

Here they are right now...

post-8228-13586070582051_thumb.jpg

Speedy recoveries!!! No cone of shame? I've heard that sometimes you can also put them in boys boxer briefs instead to prevent them from licking that area...

My GSD complains when she is away from my husky. But my husky is very independent. I guess it depends on the dog how clingy they are to each other...

Nope no cone of shame. Only if the start to lick alot, then we will have to get them...but so far no licking, YAY!

Gunner is only 45 days younger then Ammo, and we had Ammo first so he was by himself when we would leave, so hes fine. Gunner has ALWAYS had Ammo around when we leave...so has never been alone. But they are pretty inseperatable. Which is nice in a way, but not in others.