Trouble with my 2 year old female. Urination.

67/289

I purchased a female Husky a few days ago who had once been an inside dog but had been living outside for a few months. She seems to remember to go outside but she keeps leaving wet spots on my carpet and couch. Usuing they are real small but sometimes they are just full on urination. Tonight I took her out before it started raining. An hour later she goes all over my couch while laying there next to me. Is this a behavior issue or could there be something wrong with her system? She seems to piddle. She is only two years old so I'd hate for there to be something wrong with her. She knows better because she can tell I am angry every time she does it and goes and hides for a bit. Growing pains of a new house?

If she's urinating while laying down, it sounds like she can't control it - being angry with her will not help, and particularly if there is a submissive element to the behavior, will actually make things worse. Have you taken her to a vet to have her health checked out? I would suggest doing so, and letting the vet know exactly what she's doing when these accidents happen.

Many Siberians really don't like being out in the rain, and will make the quickest trip out that they can - which can mean that they don't empty their bladder/bowel. In addition to making sure that there isn't anything wrong with her, health-wise, I would go back to the absolute beginning with house training (there are a number of threads on the forum, and huge amounts on the Internet, if you need a refresher on the subject), and systematically work with her in a way that she can't have accidents. Give her lots of praise for eliminating where she's supposed to, and thoroughly clean up any urine (or solids) with a product designed to remove pet odors, so that the smell doesn't attract her back to that spot.

Keep in mind that everything is completely new to her - you, your home, your rules - and she's probably feeling very lost and lonely! Be very consistent and firm, but kind, as well. She can't read your mind, so you'll have to try to make clear to her what you do want, and what you don't. It's been my experience that many Siberians tend to shut down when people are angry, and literally can't learn. Keep calm and teach, don't yell. Good luck - have patience, put the work in, and you'll have a fantastic companion at your side for the next 12 plus (hopefully!) years!

I lost my temper tonight and scolded her good and she hid in her kennel and is still moping about. That was wrong of me. I'm taking it back to square one tomorrow and taking her to the vet hopefully if they can get me in. I opened a vet service for her so she gets free visits and such so I will ask to have to evaluated again. She is a sweet dog and very calm. If she couldn't help it I would think she would be going in her Kennel but she isn't.

If I were you I'd ban her from sofa for the time being as well. Ghost peed on a bed in our living room only once and that was about the submissive peeing (he had this look like I hope she won't notice), I was next to him. She may still smell it on the sofa so she does it over and over again.

Ghost wouldn't do it outside when it was freaking cold. So I stayed with him outside as long as it took. I found running, or playing outside helped (the excitement).

Hope your visit to the vet goes well and that she will be alright.

Urine Exam came back positive for a very weak UTI. Only two white blood cells appeared on the slide but the doc said it is probably to blame for her dribbling and spotting. She has had two pain pills and two rounds of antibiotics and not had any issues. Still pretty lethargic but that is probably boredom as she seems to hate every toy I buy for her.