Please help stop this. Sign the petition

Kathirin

French islanders using live puppies and kittens as shark bait. A link to the petition is below. Please sign it and help stop this abuse now. Let me know if there are any problems with the link.

http://www.causes.com/actions/1679274?recruiter_id=12684133&utm_campaign=invite&utm_medium=wall&utm_source=fb&ref=nf

Okay, my first thought was "This has to be a load of BS!" Then started doing a bit of research and came to the conclusion that "Yep, this is mostly a load of BS!"

First thing I saw was - 114 days left in the petition period. That's four months! Petitions live and die on the internet in 72 hours - many in a lot less than that.

Second thing was the source of the article "Inquisitr.com" I took a look over there and if there's ever been anything online that resembles a supermarket tabloid, this is it. Let's take any situation, stress the extreme and the ludicrous and see if we can make a "story" out of it.

The last things was Snopes.com which I'll let you read yourself as it does give some credence to the Inquisitr article - but let me say that this has been on the internet since before 2005 .....

Hate to say it but i have seen the news coverage itv did on this a year or so ago and they use elderly dogs too.... they thread the hook through the dogs snout and drop them behind the boat still alive (apparantly the thrashing movement of the live dog attracts the sharks better)...... when an undercover reporter asked what happened next the 'fisherman' said that either the dog got eaten or drowned more than likely both...... however i can see where Al is coming from it is hard to recognise fact amongst all the fiction we are force fed on a daily basis......... i signed this petition xxx