What the hell was that noise….oh my god someones breaking in!!!

Stranger

Shortly after going up to bed on Friday, I had a mini heart attack.

We’d been in bed all of 15 minutes, boys tucked up in their crate in the living room, with the cat sleeping on the windowsill, while we relaxed watching TV and chatting.

All of a sudden we started hearing a booming sound, bang, bang, bang…silence. Bang bang bang bang, silence. We looked at each other and turned the TV to mute….what the hell is that.

Bang, Bang, Bang….oh my god someones trying to break in. I jump out of the bed and stand up…..bang….bang…crap its coming from downstairs, Oh my god, whats going on….Bang….bang…bang.

It took all of seconds to realise it wasn’t someone breaking in, but was coming from the dogs crate…I panic thinking one of them is having a fit, (previous dog was epileptic, and because the dogs crate is against the lean of the stairs it echoes throughout the house)

Guys, I have NEVER EVER, moved so fast in my life, taking the stairs down 3 at a time, stepping in to the lounged to find….bang, bang, bang, bang

Parker sitting looking at me with the look of…ain’t me, I’m trying to sleep!

Kaiden, oblivious that I’ve fallen into the room and am now looming over the crate like a stalking lioness about to pounce….and boy did I pounce.

He lifts the corner of the plastic base, BANG, as it snaps out his teeth and back into place, again, he reaches for it for another attempt at whatever it was he was trying to achieve….

“I SWARE TO GOD IF YOU TOUCH THAT ONE MORE TIME ILL HIT YOU WITH ITâ€

In a shot he jumps and takes up the “Wasn’t me†innocent pose, with the “you know you love me†look, and big puppy eyes.

But no this time that wasn’t going to work….i was fuming, I almost ate my heart thinking someone was breaking in, and then the thought of my dog having a fit, well no words can describe the heart ache.

In the space of 5 minutes, I woken from a relaxed state, to eating my heart, to heart ache, to Anger….emotion over load, I yanked open the crate door and swiftly put them outside.

The crate didn’t look any more damaged than before. (The plastic base had been chewed a bit before; I now know who did it)

After a quick pee they went back to bed, I gave parker a good night pat, and an EVIL eye to Kaiden. Warning if he did that to me again, then ill…hmm, think of something good and evil and insert here at later date.

So in reality, nobody was breaking in, it was just a dog breaking out!!!

:rolleyes:

It looks like I've got a prize in Avalanche, I've noticed it before but haven't paid much attention to it - but if something's going on he's not comfortable with, he'll stand on the porch, looking at it and growl - not bad, just a real low-in-his-throat grumble. Doesn't have to be much, strange dog, coyote or even a plastic bag blowing across the desert. When someone he knows drives in ( UPS / Fed-Ex / etc ) he's out there first, wanting to play / get some attention; let a stranger drive in and I get the grumble routine. Whatever is mixed in with the Husky sure makes him a decent "alert dog".

Sasha - typical Husky, she could care less .....

It looks like I've got a prize in Avalanche, I've noticed it before but haven't paid much attention to it - but if something's going on he's not comfortable with, he'll stand on the porch, looking at it and growl - not bad, just a real low-in-his-throat grumble. Doesn't have to be much, strange dog, coyote or even a plastic bag blowing across the desert. When someone he knows drives in ( UPS / Fed-Ex / etc ) he's out there first, wanting to play / get some attention; let a stranger drive in and I get the grumble routine. Whatever is mixed in with the Husky sure makes him a decent "alert dog".

Sasha - typical Husky, she could care less .....

ah but angels my pure husky and shes a guard dog! anyone gets too close to my garden and the angel alarm goes off!