When do your huskies blow their coats?

Jay

Do your huskies blow their coats? When do they usually do this? I think Nikko might be starting his first coat blow. He has always shedded an even amount until just a few days ago. Now I find TONS of fur all over! I got him groomed a few weeks ago and they did the furminator treatment on him. I thought it would be more in the spring/summer, not going into fall when the weather is getting cooler!

Do your huskies blow their coats? When do they usually do this? I think Nikko might be starting his first coat blow. He has always shedded an even amount until just a few days ago. Now I find TONS of fur all over! I got him groomed a few weeks ago and they did the furminator treatment on him. I thought it would be more in the spring/summer, not going into fall when the weather is getting cooler!

all the blinking time!

I think here it's not really blowing just more shedding than normal, and since the weather has been so freakin' hot all summer, they were shedding constantly...and now it's going to turn the other way and get cold. Summer is over after tomorrow's 90 - 95 degrees. I still just try to brush them a few times a week, when they will tolerate it, and Jack would let us brush him constantly, as he loves it, and melts. Don't think he was ever touched before coming to us, cause he just can't get enough!

Darwin seems to be "Tufty" all year round.

Daughtry is just coming up to 3 years old and has just had her first proper blow. Poor girly looks soooooo skinny :(

• 2 weeks later...

Blue usually blows after the first major froze and the first major thaw. But last year we didnt really have a winter, so he never put on his winter coat until a blizzard in late feberyary, but he didnt finish until after sping happened, so he still has it on . . . . Not sure what's gonna happen now.