Dog Park Incident!

Kech

I was at the dog park last evening and one of the dogs there had a muzzle on him. I just new something bad was going to happen. The dog was starting crap with some other dogs and, of course, came Macy's way. The dog's muzzle came off and bit Macy in the face. Once everything got under control I inspected Macy for any wounds and noticed some fur misplaced on her face. I went to place it back nicely and discovered it came off with my hand. She has a 1 inch gash in between her eyes. It's not deep at all, just a thin layer of skin removed. I placed some Polysporin on the wound to prevent infection and for healing. It doesn't seem to bother her at all. My question is will this wound leave a scar on her face? Will the facial hair eventually grow back to what it was? The only thing the woman said to us was, "Oh Well!". She remained in the dog park even after several dog owners had told her to leave. I kept Macy and the pup in the adjacent enclosed park until she finally left. Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the comments. The fact that the muzzle came off of him several times was a warning that bad things would happen. Yes Toni, it's a 1 inch graze/flesh wound so I would also assume it will heal properly without any mark, but not sure.

It should heal fine. Just make sure to keep it disinfected, and maybe buy a cone (you can get one from the dollar store, or from the vet) to make sure they don't irritate it.

Keep any eye out for any infection, and if it gets worse, take her to the vet.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I'd have demanded her name and contact information. This just adds to my long list of reasons that I really dislike dog parks! There are way too many irresponsible people there....

I find that totally true, but I believe in socializing your dog with others. In general, the regulars are great. It's those random owners with their aggressive dogs that spoil it for everyone...

That they do. I'm probably over cautious when it comes to dog parks...........I have a very dear friend who now has a husky who was accused of injuring another dog at a park. She's out $7,000 and we can only hope that the poor husky never does another thing wrong in his life because now he's been in one incident and a second would probably mean his demise. And he wouldn't hurt a flea!

i took my lab to a dog park when he was about 8 months old. still young and goofy and just wanting to play. A man had his weimeraner off lead and he came right up to Cody and bit him in the face. i've never been so mad. the owner didn't even care. the dog already had scars all over it's face. i grabbed cody and we left. never went back.

Ghost was bit in face twice, the last one wasn't even a month ago, small bites but the wounds healed and the fur grew on them. Macy's still young so I believe hers will heal too.

For some reason I'm noticing that more and more dogs keep coming to Ghost (who's now non-stop on-lead since the joking owner) in order to provoke him and attack him. Just yesterday another came up to us and barked at Ghost. I had to tell the owners to call their dog off...

i was at the dog park the other day, this man brings 5 dogs, 4 bulldog types ( i don't know what the breed is called), and a rottweiler. They all come rushing in, each pooping in different directions, the owner couldnt care less to pick up their stools. On top of that the 4 bulldogs weren't fixed, 3 males 1 female, the males were going around harassing everyone's dogs, getting in arguements with the other owners there calling them uneducated etc.

Just took Panda and left, couldn't stay there for another second. Some people just ruin it for others.