Rough Play- is it a Husky thing?

Lucas

Hi Lucas loves to play with other dogs, he doesn't get his hackles up or bare his teeth in any aggressive way. BUT..... he nearly always nips them when playing and the other dog yelps, he is very rough and we generally hold him back because he can be so rough, he doesn't care what size the dog is either. I would love to let him have a good play but I'm so worried he will hurt the other dog. Dog owners aren't generally very forgiving if they hear their baby yelping. Is it just me?????? thanks debi

They do play very rough, but if your boy is just past a year old, then he probably still has a little of that snotty little teen in him. You can take him to some socialization classes and the instructors should have dogs that will either corrector will tell him to calm down with body language, if he gets too rough.

Round the country park, Salcey Forest of Harlestone Firs

country park?

i went to salcey forest and paid a stonker for parking and then had to carry our dog poop around with us and home as no bins :/ where abouts do you go?

harlestone furs is where we take ours for runs, good fun. we went up to the park behind tescos on the ring roundabout?!?

Edited by Stranger

Kira is different with almost every dog. When she plays with a little shih-tzu, she's very gentle, with her setter friend there's a lot of ear pulling and leg bitting, but when with another husky, now that's special, it's a whole different story, it looks rough but that's the way they enjoy it.