Our new Kitchen

Andy

I recently inherited my Step-Dads house.and we moved in in May.

It was built in 1907 and so electrics, plumbing and heating has all been "tacked" on to the house.

There were almost no cupboards or worktops.

So. . . . .

Just spent £9000 having this installed.

(please excuse the walls and floor, we will be redecorating when other stuff has been done

and we're getting warm vinyl flooring in in a couple of weeks)

post-1354-13586071833006_thumb.jpg

post-1354-13586071833734_thumb.jpg

post-1354-13586071834453_thumb.jpg

post-1354-13586071835644_thumb.jpg

post-1354-13586071836801_thumb.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a great kitchen Andy - love the warm colour of the cabinets. That is a heck of a lot of money - unbelievable what stuff costs nowadays.

There was a promotion on.

We got 1/3 off the cabinets and free fitting.

Full price would have been just over £18000 :eek:

Cool that Ouch on price though :(

yeah add £3000 to get the 150ft garden fenced 6foot all around

and £8000 when we get the bathroom ripped out and replaced.

also considering with the relaxing of the building regulations about getting a 10ft extension out the back or front.

Just trying to make the place liveable by todays standards.

I bet when the house was first built it was amazing! I love the kitchen with those cabinets.

My husband and I are buying a house soon so we are always looking at kitchen and bath designs in case we get one that needs to be fixed up....so I demand pictures of everything! Lol.

Get one of these for the kitchen as well m8 there a great appliance :D

645-871876-xs.jpg

LOL yeah will do thanks for the tip. :up:

Nice...would it not have been easier to do the walls first? Good luck with the finish...we are looking also for something else...and it's handy to have a handy guy around!

LOL yeah that would have been ideal but we only had the money to get the kitchen done.

When I discovered that the only surface big enough to roll out some pastry was on top of the chest freezer, it was decided that we HAD to get the new kitchen in first

Also we need to get two of the walls knocked out to join the living room to the dining room (where the new kitchen had just been installed)so we'd have had mismatched decorating.

The plan is get all the building work out of the way and then decorate throughout giving us a unified theme.

Andy, as I've learned in many renovations in my life, you sometimes have to do what you have to do, when you can do it. Great looking kitchen. Must give you a real sense of accomplishment.

Andy, as I've learned in many renovations in my life, you sometimes have to do what you have to do, when you can do it. Great looking kitchen. Must give you a real sense of accomplishment.

It's wonderful to have space to prepare and lay out the ingredients and cupboards to put stuff in.

Sighs heavy with contentment. . . :)