Any unique ideas for Shadow's 1st birthday

Chip

If he isn't fed raw meat as his usual food, then I find that can be a GREAT treat for them. Suka loves it whenever he gets raw meat.

This year, he got a pink hawaii necklace put on him (by me...so cruel...LOL), some raw meat (I believe it was a turkey neck?), and a trip to the dog park.

If he isn't fed raw meat as his usual food, then I find that can be a GREAT treat for them. Suka loves it whenever he gets raw meat.

This year, he got a pink hawaii necklace put on him (by me...so cruel...LOL), some raw meat (I believe it was a turkey neck?), and a trip to the dog park.

When he's had raw meat in the past he didn't seem to enjoy it as much as his normal food but it was stuff that had been frozen, I'll try him with fresh raw meat and see how it goes, thanks for the idea :up: and I'm sure Suka didn't mind the necklace lol poor boy

When he's had raw meat in the past he didn't seem to enjoy it as much as his normal food but it was stuff that had been frozen, I'll try him with fresh raw meat and see how it goes, thanks for the idea :up: and I'm sure Suka didn't mind the necklace lol poor boy

Make sure it's not pork, though, as I heard raw pork can give them worms? Also, be careful with the kind of raw fish you buy for him (if any?) because some can have diseases that are deadly to canines. (Salmon is the first fish that comes to mind.)

Here's a picture of him I took on his birthday this year.

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php/46041-Suka-birthday-picture

Make sure it's not pork, though, as I heard raw pork can give them worms? Also, be careful with the kind of raw fish you buy for him (if any?) because some can have diseases that are deadly to canines. (Salmon is the first fish that comes to mind.)

Here's a picture of him I took on his birthday this year.

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php/46041-Suka-birthday-picture

Thanks for the info, probably just get him some chicken thighs and debone them for him.

P.s. I take back what I said about Suka not minding the necklace, he did not look impressed lol

You wouldn't need to debone dogs can eat raw chicken bones no problem and pork doesn't give worms because my girls are fed 100% raw I made diva a liver and peanut butter cake and hot her a turkey leg lol xxx

You wouldn't need to debone dogs can eat raw chicken bones no problem and pork doesn't give worms because my girls are fed 100% raw I made diva a liver and peanut butter cake and hot her a turkey leg lol xxx

I'm just not brave enough to give mine bones, I gave Storm a roasted ham bone not long after I got her and even though she barely touched it she threw up 9 times that afternoon and had to have an emergency vet appointment (it was a Sunday) because I was petrified that it had splintered or caused a blockage, she was given the all clear but I've not bought a bone since

I'm just not brave enough to give mine bones, I gave Storm a roasted ham bone not long after I got her and even though she barely touched it she threw up 9 times that afternoon and had to have an emergency vet appointment (it was a Sunday) because I was petrified that it had splintered or caused a blockage, she was given the all clear but I've not bought a bone since

see thats another cooked bone id stear clear of any bones like that dogs shouldnt have cooked bones raw bones are fine here is a video of my girl eating a raw chicken carcass

heres a pic of my girls birthday cake can post the recipe if you like post-5861-13586072049404_thumb.jpg

see thats another cooked bone id stear clear of any bones like that dogs shouldnt have cooked bones raw bones are fine here is a video of my girl eating a raw chicken carcass

heres a pic of my girls birthday cake can post the recipe if you like [ATTACH=CONFIG]59035[/ATTACH]

OK then, no deboning :up:

Also I'd love the recipe if it's no hassle, it looks great, I've made them little treats and biscuits before but never a cake, gonna be interesting lol

A Husky party will go down well.:D

Why not organise a meet with some treats on offer by all that attend?;)

If only, poor boy is nervous in new situations

OK then, no deboning :up:

Also I'd love the recipe if it's no hassle, it looks great, I've made them little treats and biscuits before but never a cake, gonna be interesting lol

Liver cake

Ingredients

• 1Lb (450g) lamb or ox liver.
  • 1Lb (450g) self raising flour.
  • 3 eggs.
  • 2 cloves of garlic.
  • milk or water.

Method

• Crack the eggs into a measuring jug.
  • Add an equal volume of milk or water to the measuring jug and whisk.
  • Blend the liver and garlic in a food processor.
  • Add the egg mixture and blend to a sponge mixture consistency.
  • Empty contents into a baking tray.
  • Bake at 180 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes.
  • Allow to cool
  • spread a generous layer of peanut butter over the top and decorate

Liver cake

Ingredients

• 1Lb (450g) lamb or ox liver.
  • 1Lb (450g) self raising flour.
  • 3 eggs.
  • 2 cloves of garlic.
  • milk or water.

Method

• Crack the eggs into a measuring jug.
  • Add an equal volume of milk or water to the measuring jug and whisk.
  • Blend the liver and garlic in a food processor.
  • Add the egg mixture and blend to a sponge mixture consistency.
  • Empty contents into a baking tray.
  • Bake at 180 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes.
  • Allow to cool
  • spread a generous layer of peanut butter over the top and decorate

Thank you :D