I'm to old to move again!!

Ron Tao&Sky

The wife's just dropped a bomb shell.She wants us to move again. The story is my son has split from his partner and is homeless but in full time work. He is camping out in our front room as we have a one bedroom house. Now she is insisting that we move to a two bedroom one so he can live with us.:rolleyes: I have explained to her that I'm getting to old at 70 for all the stress that she is putting me through.

Every house we have had as cost me money on fencing for the dogs and she expects me to lose a few hundred pounds every time we move. She says it is only a fence does it really matter. We are now at logger heads as am refusing to move again.:@ Rant over.........Ron

They say that the two most stressful things in life are Moving house and getting divorced.

Sounds like you'll be doing one or the other. :P

I'm 'only' 50 and we moved house this year, waaaay tooo much stress and fuss.

So I can only sympathise with what you are going through.

The ONLY upside is that it gets you to get rid of a shedload of clutter that you have accumulated. :up:

I do not have kids and I do not know what I will do in this situation if this will happened to me but I think I will take the son by the hand and I will show him some offers to one bedroom flat as he is full time employ .

Edited by Vlad

I would say stick to your guns Ron and stay put. If your wife is that keen on living with your son perhaps they can look for a 2 bed flat / house to rent together. The odds are that he will ultimately get a new partner and be moving out again in the future leaving you with a house too big for your needs anyway

Oh Ron - you can't put yourself through all that again :( You should be enjoying life not worrying about it xx

To be blunt - he's an adult - he needs to find his feet - yeah camp out for a few weeks by all means but he has to take responsibility for his actions x

This one was our 3rd move in 18 months. It's not my son, he does not want us to move. It's my wife who wants to move again. My son is looking at flats near where he works. Many thanks for your replies. I have no intention of moving:).........Ron

This one was our 3rd move in 18 months. It's not my son' date=' he does not want us to move. It's my wife who wants to move again. My son is looking at flats near where he works. Many thanks for your replies. I have no intention of moving:).........Ron[/quote']

stick to your guns ron.

I wonder if its because after flying the nest hes home again and she doesnt want him to leave again?

off topic, but at 70 how do u manage with the huskies? just wondered.

stick to your guns ron.

I wonder if its because after flying the nest hes home again and she doesnt want him to leave again?

off topic, but at 70 how do u manage with the huskies? just wondered.

!!Louise you have just hit the nail on the head!! About the dogs Sky. is very good on the lead it's Tao who thinks every thing is a big game. He settles down after about 10 minutes into a walk. I only have to go about 30yds and i'm on the footpath across the fields. Thats why I like it so much here.:).........Ron