Yellow ribbon on leads...

MollynDiesel

What do you think?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Love it!
    • Not sure
    • Hate it!

This is currently in America mostly atm but i have been spreading the idea like crazy on facebook and everyone seems to love the idea :)

So i thought i'd share it on here aswell. We ofcourse use red bandana's at camp which is great but this would be recognisable by non husky owners aswell eventually :)

http://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/yellow-ribbon-leash-dogs-campaign?utm_source=Sters+Newsletter+Subscribers&utm_campaign=745fd95804-09182012_Dogster_newsletter&utm_medium=email

http://www.gulahund.se/default_en.asp

yellow.jpg

yellowcampaign.JPG

Ofcourse in an ideal world everyone would give dogs space and we wouldn't need ideas like...

Like i said most people seem to love the idea so it really is about spreading the word now i think :)

So what do you think? (leave answers in poll)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its a great idea , with Skyla being attacked and Blaze being protective over her it would be nice to not have to panic everytime i see a dog , im just worried idiot owners who dont give a stuff about letting their dogs off n not having control over them , wont pay any attention to it and carry on

I think it's a good idea. The amount of people that will call our dogs as we walk past, or walk up to us/let their kids run up to us and start stroking them without even asking if it's ok.. Grrr so annoying. We're lucky they're so placid and daft! They're still in training and these people just make it so difficult. One woman even walked up and picked one of ours up off the floor the other day.. I was like 'what are you doing? that's a 13kg husky!!' haha

We do the same sort of thing at our camps.

except we tie something RED as a warning that people should ask first before approaching.

i think its a great idea ' date=' with Skyla being attacked and Blaze being protective over her it would be nice to not have to panic everytime i see a dog , im just worried idiot owners who dont give a stuff about letting their dogs off n not having control over them , wont pay any attention to it and carry on[/quote']

I agree, but to be honest, you could have a HUGE neon sign above them and you'll still find prats like that :( Just gotta get more people aware of it then it should make a small difference at least :)

I think it's a good idea. The amount of people that will call our dogs as we walk past, or walk up to us/let their kids run up to us and start stroking them without even asking if it's ok.. Grrr so annoying. We're lucky they're so placid and daft! They're still in training and these people just make it so difficult. One woman even walked up and picked one of ours up off the floor the other day.. I was like 'what are you doing? that's a 13kg husky!!' haha

WHAT THE HELL! Thats just shear madness! lol

Normally while on walks its th eneighborhood kids that want to pet Cj. Most of the time they will ask first. The only thing I really don't like is when a group of them run up on her. She doesn't care for it much! I'm not usre how many kids will understand what the yellow ribbon means??

I do think it's a good idea except I doubt anything will change for a very very long time! No one has respect or manners anymore! Some bloke near my house was getting his dogs out the car had one on lead the other not to which it ran across the road to mine I stopped incase he wanted to grab it... My two were going mad for it and he just kept shouting at it! It went back after around 5 minutes no apology to me he just walked in his door mumbling idiot! Not sure if he meant me or the dog!

I do think it's a good idea except I doubt anything will change for a very very long time! No one has respect or manners anymore! Some bloke near my house was getting his dogs out the car had one on lead the other not to which it ran across the road to mine I stopped incase he wanted to grab it... My two were going mad for it and he just kept shouting at it! It went back after around 5 minutes no apology to me he just walked in his door mumbling idiot! Not sure if he meant me or the dog!

No i doubt it'll change any time soon, but just needs to be spread about and get the idea going really :)

Wow, hopefully he didn't mean you

No i doubt it'll change any time soon, but just needs to be spread about and get the idea going really :)

Wow, hopefully he didn't mean you

Meh if he did he did i had both mine on lead and his dog came to me mine didnt go to the dog! He only lives down the road though so i hope it wont be a regular thing!

Around here I often wonder if anyone has heard of a leash.....especially on little yappy dogs! They come at Cj in an agressive manner...she's gonna react. We've never had any problems with her.....but thats what I worry about most.

Well yh for this to work people will need leads on their dogs...

But no matter what there will ALWAYS be irresponsible people with dogs :(