All-Hallows-Read

aronoiiel

A friend of mine posted this on FB and I thought we'd have fun here with it to as so many of us like to read so here it goes:

The rules: Grab the closest book to you, turn to page 52, and post the 5th complete sentence. Don't post the title. We can have fun trying to guess what book it is from no googling that's cheating :P

I'll start

[h=5]The next thing was to untie the sacks and let out the dwarves.[/h]

[h=5][/h]

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I won't make you guess the title, but it's 'Comparative Anatomy of the Vertebrates'

Aaand...I have no idea. That's not much of a sentence, Gigi. LOL

Lol, I have no control over what the author wrote OR how the publisher published the page! As a hint, it's a book in a well-known series... ;)

LMAO the nearest book to me is King GeorgeVI : King and Emperor.

and Page 52 is a photo of His flagship the Queen Mary. LOL you'd never have got it :rofl:

Sorry for the long sentence but this is the only book on the shelf closest to me that I think you will be able to guess....

'My limbs were weary and stiff, for I feared to change my position; yet my nerves were worked up to the highest pitch of tension, and my hearing was so acute that I could not only hear the gentle breathing of my companions, but I could distinguish the deeper, heavier in-breath of the bulky Jones from the thin, sighing note of the bank director.'