All-Hallows-Read

aronoiiel

Sherlock Holmes the red headed league

Sorry for the long sentence but this is the only book on the shelf closest to me that I think you will be able to guess....

'My limbs were weary and stiff, for I feared to change my position; yet my nerves were worked up to the highest pitch of tension, and my hearing was so acute that I could not only hear the gentle breathing of my companions, but I could distinguish the deeper, heavier in-breath of the bulky Jones from the thin, sighing note of the bank director.'

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a hard one will have to cheat to find one thats possible for you to guess. As I dont think many of you have an interest in First world war training manuals but this one will be a bit more mainstream

"if she was going to have to leave, it would be better to do it before she grew to like them"

For some reason I feel like that's from Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince, the won't won't won't line. Could be wrong, haven't read them in a while.

You are correct! Close, but not quite, Thistle - it IS Kreacher, but it's from Half-Blood Prince. Kreacher is protesting passing into Harry's employ via Sirus' will...