Saving sweet 6 year old tonight

Chewbacca_&_me

Saw an ad last night from a lady that "wanted husky gone" and called her.

Going tonight to get him.

I don't have any pics yet but she says he's gray and white, 6 years old, and apparently badly overweight. She says he is almost always alone and crated and has begun pulling his own hair out.

I decided to take him now, 5013c or not.

Too worried to wait til the wild things husky rescue is official.

Will do pic update and stuff later tonight or in the morning.

Have reached half of funds needed to get licensed as a rescue, please see my Facebook if you want to see how progress is going.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw an ad last night from a lady that "wanted husky gone" and called her.

Going tonight to get him.

I don't have any pics yet but she says he's gray and white, 6 years old, and apparently badly overweight. She says he is almost always alone and crated and has begun pulling his own hair out.

I decided to take him now, 5013c or not.

Too worried to wait til the wild things husky rescue is official.

Have reached half of funds needed to get licensed as a rescue, please see my Facebook if you want to see how progress is going.

Bless your heart. I'd have probably done the same thing, and I'm not even starting a rescue.

<< snipped >>

Waiting for pictures ... some of us don't do FaceBook and even if it's a public page I don't see a link to it handy ....

Well posting pictures disturbes me this time...but I will anyway.

He's def got a skin issue of some kind (all his skin is red), he's def been abused, they've never heard of a brush cuz he's got matted in dead hair, and he's never ever been on any kind of prevention!!!

He is scared of being touched by everyone except my daughter, and I'm sure he's in pain from his skin being on fire with what I think is prob flea allergy dermatitis. I practically got myself bit trying to put flea meds on him.

He's a husky malamute cross as well same size as chewy just a little thicker.

7y3uryga.jpg

dyju4emy.jpg

What's worse is that I have no doubt they were physically abusing him! I don't usually have any trust issues from dogs at all but he is so scared that he barely allows me to touch him.

I went in all my unstately-ness to buy him allergy meds this morning to see if it will help calm his skin.

You can type in ilovedogs29@yahoo.com into fb search and find me, or you can go to my website at www.wildthingstraining.com and see the training programs page. I think the button you are looking for is at the bottom of that page.

Ps. You should see the other side of his body and his chest....it's BAD

I'm going to have to give him a few days to get to know me too because I can't get close enough to muzzle him so I can't comb or brush or anything even though I want to very badly

Edited by Chewbacca_&_me