Saving sweet 6 year old tonight

Chewbacca_&_me

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the link

that poor baby its shocking how anyone can let a pet get into that condition ill never know glad hes now safe and will get the treatment he deserves xx

Please share the post I've put up on fb about Ivan. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Ivan is starting to warm up to me a bit this morning, he often comes up really close to me and just stands there checking me out, he has been laying at my feet a lot too, and he has talked to me a few times.

I'm such a softie that I've been at the verge of tears all morning.

Update:

I took this sweet boy to the vet today :)

It turns out that he really does just have a wicked case of flea allergy dermatitis, along with a yeast infection and staph infection, but the vet said he will be ok in a month or so and that his hair will grow back. Yaaaay!!!

He gave him a steroid injection, antibiotics, special shampoo, and a heartworm test. The HW test was negative thank goodness.

It turns out that because I rescued him, he in return (and unwittingly) is saving me too. Thanks to the vet visit and me being in uniform lol, the vet invited me to be on his radio show tomorrow and again in a week.

It just goes to show that when you are willing to have some compassion for the world around you... It comes back to you 10 fold.

It's worth the madness, I think?? Lol

Those pictures make me want to cry and also beat the hell outta his old owner.

Please believe me when I say "you are so not alone in that feeling"

The night I brought him home and got a much closer look at him, I told my husband that all I really wanted to do was go back and knock those people out.

It was hard for me to not be able to touch him to give him some comfort during his first 48 hours at my home...

Well done to you for caring about him. He will be stunning when his coat grows back and I am sure he will reward you heaps with love and cuddles when he stops being so sore. I can't desrcibe what I would like to do to his former owners, but he is one lucky boy that you have saved him from them.