This is a Strange question about licking Mya is ocd with this

valkyra

Mya will be 2 soon and she has had this problem since I got her not a bad problem just an irritating one.

She will not stop licking, her tounge has to be out of her mouth and on me or zoe when she isnt sleeping.

Trainers have said grab her tounge and hold it down yeah right that dont work and just seems cruel ( same trainer I took zoe too and she came home worse) Only thingI have found and it just keeps her off me still the smell goes away is a dab of vicks on my arm. any suggestions on how to make her stop lol no licky is getting old and she is starting to ignore it.

Right now she has just been spayed so not alot of exersise for the next 2 weeks.

Her and zoe have the run of the back yard which is approx 3 lots size zoe can tire anyone out and they were playing everyday as much as they wanted to be out without tunneling under the fence. My son throws the toys every day with them and I do what I can right now I am taking care of my mother 93 with severe demintia. And My will lick her to death if I let her and my mother doesnt stop it but well she does have a good reason for not.

What about mental stimulation? They are smart dogs, so their brain needs to be exercised too! Examples of mental stimulation could be training, or if your dogs are food-orientated, a puzzle where they have to figure out how to get at the treat.

KONGs, IMO, aren't a good example because...I find my dog just mindlessly licks at it until the food comes out. And, if it doesn't come out after 30 minutes, he gives up.

Our Maia & Keeto do the same & I've found this info which explains a little :)

A very common form of communication is for a dog to lick another dog, or a person. Dogs lick other dogs' faces and mouths when they greet each other to indicate friendliness. Dogs like to lick human skin not only for the salt from the sweat, but also as a form of greeting, such as by briefly licking a person's hand after sniffing it.

Licking is also used as a social bonding analogous to primate social grooming and stroking. This can indicate intimacy. Such licking is longer and slower, as compared to the brief licking of faces during a greeting.

Skye likes to give people a face wash when she greets them! She used to be as bad with me but i started ignoring her and pushing her away when she did it she now knows with me to only do it if i ask for "kisses" ..... with my other half though she still does it just as bad lol