Someone kick my butt!

MollynDiesel

PLEASE! I have managed to get enough money for driving lessons but its looking very tempting to spend it! I need to sort them out ASAP! (like within a week) so i dont spend the money and so i can get everything sorted quickly!

I want to drive and dads already got a car ready for me (a little maroon coloured ford fiesta) that he's fixing up (just needs the cam belt replacing) but i need to book the damn lessons!

I need the lessons and car but its just so easy to spend money! I've asked mum to hide the money but she hasn't (grr again) so now i've just spent £25 of it on take away!

Argh someone kick my butt into gear! :angry:

Edited by Molly'n'Diesel

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL in the time you spent setting up this thread you could have picked up the phone and booked lessons.

I'm sure there are female driving instructors in your local area case you are worried about being alone in a car with a strange man.

LOL in the time you spent setting up this thread you could have picked up the phone and booked lessons.

I'm sure there are female driving instructors in your local area case you are worried about being alone in a car with a strange man.

I could've but i have no idea who to go with so that could take a few hours anyway lol

I dont like female driving instructors, i hated female teachers at school so i'm sure i'd just end up walking lol

Theres just so many to choose from but all the non pro companies are expensive but people say the pro companies (aa and bsm) are rubbish... :/

Just make sure they are licensed. Ask around and see what people recommend...not just for the price, but the quality and safety of the classes/lessons.

personal recommendations are probably the best way to go, ask at work someone must know of someone who has had lessons recently.

Most people recommend 1 person though (and mostly because of the price), but i lived next door to him for years and i know he's a total ****! He could be the best instructor in the world but as a person he is horrible :(

oh not so good, well when you decide on an instructor you might be best to have one lesson first before you book a block incase you don't like them. I was lucky - many years ago my mum won a set of 3 lessons and as my younger brother had passed it I got the lessons and the intructor was really good but my hubby also made me drive everywhere to get as much experience driving as possible. So good luck on the lessons and get it done NOW before the winter weather starts, you don't want to be sitting your test in snow.

I went with RAC back when I was 17 and passed in 11 lessons. I don't think you can say a company is bad, its down to the individual instructor. The good thing with going with a professional company is they have many instructors, so if you do not enjoy your first lesson, you can always ask them to send another!

oh not so good, well when you decide on an instructor you might be best to have one lesson first before you book a block incase you don't like them. I was lucky - many years ago my mum won a set of 3 lessons and as my younger brother had passed it I got the lessons and the intructor was really good but my hubby also made me drive everywhere to get as much experience driving as possible. So good luck on the lessons and get it done NOW before the winter weather starts, you don't want to be sitting your test in snow.

Thanks, i'm sure once i find an instructor i can get everything sorted, its just finding 1 thats tricky. i think i'll ask dad to pay for the first lesson so i can pay for the block (then i'm not eating away at my own money lol)

No defo not snow! I had a friend that had his test in jan/feb and it got cancelled twice because of snow!

I went with RAC back when I was 17 and passed in 11 lessons. I don't think you can say a company is bad, its down to the individual instructor. The good thing with going with a professional company is they have many instructors, so if you do not enjoy your first lesson, you can always ask them to send another!

Thats true, didn't think of that haha

I live within walking distance of a drive through' date=' which takes all the fun out of it being a drive through now lmao![/quote']

You know what's more fun though? Doing this by car, your own car ;)

Make a list right now of all the things you can do when you have a car. Just anything husky/Diesel related will probably already be plenty, lol. Read through it again and think about all the things that you'll miss if you spend your money on something else right now. Not only that, but realise that food is just a temporarily enjoyment, a car is for life :)

If you're still not sure, put this list on the wall in the toilet or any other place you see daily. That way you'll always be reminded of the fun things that are awaiting you once you have your driving license.

molly , best thing i ever did was learning to drive , it makes life alot easier , then u can spend all your money after to treat yourself on passing , stop spending n get the lessons booked , ask if u can pay in advance so ur not tempted to spend it , book a bulk lot of lessons