hmmmmmm

emmy-lou

ok so im on a website that basically lists the best working breeds of dog and their qualities and attributes etc...... now they have listed the siberian husky down as independent, alert and social....... not a bad description although i could think of a few more choice words....... it then goes on to say they aren't good with kids

I then scrolled down to the Tamaskan Husky described as loyal, intelligent and social...... so far the same as a sibe but 'apparently' (i use this term loosely as i know what some of these web authors are like) good with kids......

here is the full description from the page:

The Tamaskan Husky is a rare breed of sled dog that originates from Finland. It is a large, athletic dog that is slightly larger in size than the German Shepherd.It is a very obedient and agile dog that excels in working trials.

Forgive me for my ignorance but i didnt even know the Tamaskan existed so my next question is...... does anyone have one????......

:oops

Huskies are great with kids I've had small kids pulling on skyla's fur n all she did was walk away

As far as I know tamaskans are just huskies x mals x gsd's

And obviously depends on how u bring a dog up also

Not that that answered your question if any1 owns one lol :-P

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Huskies are great with kids I've had small kids pulling on skyla's fur n all she did was walk away

As far as I know tamaskans are just huskies x mals x gsd's

And obviously depends on how u bring a dog up also

Not that that answered your question if any1 owns one lol :-P

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

lol..... thanks Nix.... to be honest any reply is good in my books as i have never heard of them before........ i saw a Rusky pup earlier too...... had to google that one aswell...... mum is a rotty and dad is a husky ....... xxx

Don't think you'll find too many tamaskan owners but think they're similar to northern inuits but with different lineages. Huskyxmalxgsd, like Nix said. The only reason I can think of why they would say not good with kids maybe due to their size and playfulness, most shelters won't rehome with young children. Doesn't explain why tamaskans were different though as they're even bigger!