Runny Poo!

Mishka's dad

Mishka had has the runs and been eating grass to make her sick on & off now for last couple of month's.

Been to the vets loads taken stool samples but no real remedy. Vet recommended Hills Sensitive Stomach kibble which she has been eating, but she can go 2/3 days ok then it comes back but no where near as bad as it was at start.

So have decided to try her on raw chicken wings/drumsticks in evening which she loves and kibble in morning.

She how it goes.

sounds good, my two eat grass, Parker is never sick but kaiden is, but i dont know why he does it, i think he likes the taste...lol... idiot

My boys have very sensitive tums when it comes to the runs. it could be a simple dog treat, like dental sticks, or gravey bones a big massive NO NO.

having too much food for dinner also causes them to have the runns.

What we've been doing is back on what they was brought up on (in this case Burns) although we have switched flavour to the fish as this is better for them (even switching flavour has caused problems before) and then if or when they get the runs the next day meal is raw chicken.

they sometimes get some fish too to help. and we have switched to fish4dogs treats for their teeth which is working wonders.

huskys stomachs are a pain, doesnt have to be anything wrong with them apart from picking things up while on walks or stealing food, anything out of my twos normal diet ends up with the runs :D....always great fun when de pooping back garden :facepalm:

I would try a combination of

1. Chicken wings (I'm not a big fan of drumsticks, the thigh bones tend to be a bit thick

and so don't get crunched up as much and so don't get broken down they can come out the other end causing pain or difficult poos)

2. reduce the amount of the sensitive stomach kibble you are giving them by half. When they firm up add a bit more until they start getting soft then back off a bit and you should have found the right amount.

3. Grass, Yeah they all eat it at one time or another. Some simply eat grass, others only when they have a dodgy stomach and need to throw it up.

I have 4 Pooches. Two of them, Echo and Malaki can eat anything in any quantity and won't stop until all the food is gone.

One of them, Daughtry would LIKE to eat anything in any quantity but gets the runs if she eats too much.

And the other Darwin will only eat until he is full then walk away from his food leaving it for the others.