Please help...at my wits end.....

Leanne7

Hey guys right my Lexi is 6months old now we have had her since she was 8weeks and we also have a 5year old Yorkshire terrier, holly! and omg Lexi will not leave holly alone it's constant... I starting to feel sorry for her now... The bigger Lexi gets the more worried I'm getting... Anyone got any ideas of what I can do they are kept separate wen we are not here but I really don't kno what to do... Any suggestions are welcome :)

Husky puppies LOVE to play.

Husky puppies love to play CONSTANTLY.

Husky puppies do not know WHEN to stop.

Huskies stop being puppies PHYSICALLY about 2 years old.

Huskies stop being puppies MENTALLY when they die.

Good Luck :)

We had this issue years ago. The Husky (female spay ) would not leave our Cairn Terrier (female spay) alone. There was constant picking. We never did get it resolved. Nothing we tried worked. Hopefully, someone will have am idea for you.

Part of the issue may be your sib's age. Puppies become sexually mature around 5-6 months (whether they are spayed or not) and loose their brains in a magical time i like to call the Puppy Dummies. They begin to act like snotty teenagers and will press buttons simply for the signs that say "do not press this button". With patience, training, and socialization with the right dogs, they do grow out of it after they hit about one year old . However, until then they acquire names such as "Brat", "You Little S**t", and "No!".

Hi yes I will be at husky camp can't wait to meet everyone. Erm most of the time it's wanting to play I think but she's constantly nipping and mouthing her holly takes so much then she will yelp as if its really hurting her.... Holly is willing to have some playtime after all she is only five but then she ends up yelping and hiding sumwhere... It's upsetting to see holly distressed and I hate constantly shouting at Lexi.. :(

It is important to find a trainer who can schedule a play time with a well socialized adult dog who will help teach her proper doggie manners. Your good puppy will be back, just need to put up with the holy hell teen for the moment. Stick with her puppy routines and re-teach them if needed. Find a entry way gate with a place at the bottom that your little dog can fit through and get away from the puppy, that should help reduce her stress.

Hi I can't help you much but if you say you constantly shout at her, she's already learned to ignore it and knows that it doesn't really mean anything bad for her, ergo it's useless to shout at her. :D You'll have to find other means, like saying out loud Ah Ah Ah(or Er er er), something that will catch her attention and she'll know it "probably" means she shouldn't do it. Just like as if you told her numerous times No, and she'd still do something unwanted, if you know what I mean. :D