If I get more snippy than normal ...

Removed #5

I've been scheduled in for cataract surgery on Oct 15. I've been blind ever since I started school - well, really before that, but that's the first time I remember being asked to tell them what the first letter on the chart was and me responding "What letter?"

I don't like my eyes messed with - for obvious reasons, I'm already blind without my glasses, leave me alone!! And now they want to do surgery while I'm awake! No, please, just knock me out and wake me up when it's over!

I'll try to not let my anxiety bleed over - but if it does, just tell me to relax a bit ( or whatever ). Very definitely going to have to get myself a chill pill or a gross or so ....

I've talked to a couple of people and been doing some reading - it's probably going to be a piece of cake, but like I said "I don't like my eyes being messed with!"

I would ask to be put to sleep while they are doing the surgery - as long as they think it is safe for you. I think its your right as a patient, no?

I feel for you with the eyes, I have -11 vision...so almost legally blind. Its so bad, that if I were to get laser surgery to correct my vision...I would still have to wear glasses for the rest of my life. :(

I don't like having my eyes messed with either - I can't even put contact lenses in because my eyes are 'twitchy'.

Hope everything goes well, Al.

I've been scheduled in for cataract surgery on Oct 15. I've been blind ever since I started school - well, really before that, but that's the first time I remember being asked to tell them what the first letter on the chart was and me responding "What letter?"

I don't like my eyes messed with - for obvious reasons, I'm already blind without my glasses, leave me alone!! And now they want to do surgery while I'm awake! No, please, just knock me out and wake me up when it's over!

I'll try to not let my anxiety bleed over - but if it does, just tell me to relax a bit ( or whatever ). Very definitely going to have to get myself a chill pill or a gross or so ....

I've talked to a couple of people and been doing some reading - it's probably going to be a piece of cake, but like I said "I don't like my eyes being messed with!"

Just drink more Al .. Works for me LOL

Good luck, and don't forget to rest your eyes a little afterwards.

[MENTION=1]Marc[/MENTION] Well it doesn't for everyone, a current issue here in Czech r. is that 2 idiots who wanted money, let methanol get into adulterated(fake real brand) alcohol, and people who unknowingly drank it first got blind, and now there's 25 people dead. Still lots of bad alcohol out there, and chance is that some won't ever be tracked. But glad it works for you. :D We do have quite some jokes made about this but else, it's scary.