I've had company ...

Removed #5

This first picture is bad ... Rusty is one of the (seven!) puppies who came out from Houston with me. Before anyone says anything, I think Rusty's momma was a cross between a Greyhound and Ridgeback - she can't put any wright on, Vet says she's in excellent health but skinny as the proverbial beanpole. (( Oh, those aren't her eyes, those are her eyebrows ... daddy probably had some Rotty in the mix! ))

I passed her on to a fellow who had lost his dog and she comes over to visit now and again.

She left to go home ( I hope! ) yesterday evening and today a friend called asking me if I could watch another friends dog for a while - he had to leave with an uncertain return date so I've got company for a "while".

The lower picture is Twosy - and untangling chains has been a constant passtime - he and Avalanche haven't stopped since he got here. He's tried to say "Hi!" to Sasha who isn't having any of it ( his idea of Hi! is hump-hump-hump .... ) she's snapped a couple of times and he doesn't care!

Friend had better get back ..... SOON!!!!!!

Excuse me, time to go untangle chains!!

post-5355-13586073822425_thumb.jpg

post-5355-13586073828203_thumb.jpg

Edited by Al Jones

Okay, play time ended after he'd been here for a couple of hours.

Now both dogs have put him in his place and he still insists he's going to hump - think ever ready bunny. It's long past the point of being funny. I understand sniff and tickle - but it's been almost 4 hours now and it's sniff, try to hump ( to the point that mine just sit down ) they can't move around 'cause he's trying to hump them,

My two are inside, he's out on the porch - I'm not putting up with him doing that all night long!!

The fellow who owns him has been trying to find a home for him - and I've told the fellow I got him from that it was just temporary - if he doesn't calm his butt down some it's gonna be real temporary!!

Is the other dog neutered?

And, lol, one of Suka's favourite greetings is hump-hump-hump too! But he usually backs off when the others dogs don't 'agree'.

Maybe you should interfere whenever the other dog tries to hump your dogs, like pull the other dog off or something.

Is the other dog neutered?

And, lol, one of Suka's favourite greetings is hump-hump-hump too! But he usually backs off when the others dogs don't 'agree'.

Maybe you should interfere whenever the other dog tries to hump your dogs, like pull the other dog off or something.

I'm no prude, I understand that that's part of meet and dominance but when it goes on for hours! even over my dogs objections it's more than a bit much. Since they're all leashed - he's on a shorter chain, mine are on 30 ft leads - I did that for about an hour, then got physical and started knocking his back feet out from under him - did not one bit of good, he'd stand back up and go at it again.

Sasha came in the house and took up refuge behind my chair and he didn't get too close to her; Avalanche's lead lets him get beyond the little sh*ts shorter lead but this is no way for them to live! Avalanche came up to the porch to get a drink - humphumphump .... that's a lot of BS.

BTW, no, he's not neutered - but gimme a break!!!

Edited by Val (Zebedee)

[MENTION=3404]SolitaryHowl[/MENTION] - er, he's sitting out a (hopefully) short stay in the local calaboose. We have a group of people down here who feel that the current has gone beyond the constitution and refuse to obey the laws that they think aren't justified. He was stopped driving into town without either insurance or a drivers license. Need to talk to my contact up at the jail and see how long they think he'll be there ( today is too long! )

@Val (Zebedee) if he were mine that would be the first stop! the mutual friend who picked him up has two granddaughters living with him - he had no choice but to move the dog on when the pup kept trying to hump the elder daughter. She at least is old enough to understand but still ... that's way above and beyond!

My two have gone past correction - Sasha actually nipped him hard enough I went to look for blood --- doesn't matter, he was back at it. Now they just avoid him if they can. I have to go into town today and think I'll take a lead and put him out back with food and water. Avalanche will go with me, time for jabs for him, and Sasha can at least relax on the front porch without having to cover her bits ..

Idiot dog has just about had me at my wits end, if anyone tell me a Husky is stubborn, I'll just send this little guy to them!

He's now on the front porch, sasha is in under my chair and Avalanche is ou in the "yard". I've been out a few times to spend time with him, I know that a lot of his anxiety is from being bounced around the past few days - but damn!

Like I told the fellow who brought him over, I thought that most of the dogs down here were house dogs, I didn't expect to have an unsocialized, unhousebroken disaster dropped off on me!

On another note, since I took Avalanche in to the vets for jabs and then over to the crisis center for food distribution - he's impressed me greatly!

I had him literally chained to a post outside while I was working, and he was very well behaved both with dogs passing through ( he'd play a little ) and with the humans coming in and out. What made it a real pleasure and a surprise was that he seemed to find what it was that individual people wanted from him and followed suit. Leave me alone - okay. Little petting - oh, I'm game for that! Little rough house with bigger kids - okay, c'mon bring it on! I wished I'd had a camara with me, at one point I looked over and there was this fellow standing looking over the wall and Avalanche was standing right beside him looking in the same direction - have no idea what they were looking at ... There was, also, a little girl there who loved him, one time I looked over and he was standing on top of her (over her) and she couldn't get up - I'm not sure whether that was because of his position or because she was laughing so hard!