Starting my own business

Stormy

Well for many years i have been employed.. full time/part time.. Its ok but i really hate working for other people! As you all know i have a job now which is 2 days a week which is fine but i am already finding some flaws which im slightly concerned about and need to speak to the managers.

These are the fact i went in on a saturday and then didnt get paid for that day. I get paid weekly but it appears i do not get holiday pay and if i take any days off they are just classed as im not working so i dont get paid. I dont get a contract of employment it seems either. Its run very badly but there are alot of salons that work like this because hardly any hairdressers question it but it is infact against the law.

Anyway apart from that its not to bad its money at the end of the day! But I was speaking to Rob last night and have decided to go ahead and start up my own mobile business, already looking at website designs and bought a domain. Rob is going to speak to the designers at his work see if one of them will design me some leaflets so i can go and post them around. This whole estate is new so a good place to start!

I would be willing to travel to areas if i get a few people in one area and can group them into one day for example! Or just charge slightly more for fuel etc.

I wont have to worry about leaving the dogs all day long as i will be my own boss and can decide when i want to be at home and when i want to work!

Will probably buy a cheap run around car as my Sol is extremely unreliable currently as it needs quite a few things sorting on it and its more of a show/track car rather than a drive around working car.

I have been self employed before but in a salon but it means i know how to do my own books and tax/NI. Robs mum works for Inland revenue also so if i need help i can ask her.. I also still have my accountant i had from before as hes a family friend.

I already have all the stock i need minus maybe a few small things! So i wont need to fork out loads of money to start out either :D

I am really excited about this i will be alot happier!! I am not quitting my current job as of yet as want to see how it goes to start off with.

Have no idea what to call myself either!

I think its a much more personal experience in the home aswell there are advantages to it but also dissadvantages say for example dont have the backwash basins have to use the showers in the bath etc lol but the plus side is you dont get me having to wonder off doing other people in between etc!

Competition for a name sounds like a good idea!

Thanks [MENTION=858]Sparks[/MENTION] :)

Before my step-dad Albert passed away he had a young lady who used to come to his house and cut his hair once per month.

She had a load of old people on her books and was doing between 5 & 10 old folks per day 5 days per week.

had a nice business going from it.

While you don't get to unleash your inner stylist with the old folks, it'll pay the bills.

Especially if you can get into a few old folks residential homes in the area. You could spend a couple of days per month in each one.

Yeah i dont mind doing a few old people :) It brings money in and makes them happy also, old people love to talk and sometimes you make their day!!

[MENTION=5489]Cherrie-Nanook-Indy[/MENTION] yes that is a good idea except i dont fancy it in the wind and rain lmao and im usually hungover most of camp or just generally attatched to the dogs lol