My wife took another wall mounter!

Its_A_Husky_Thing

Last year, the 1st day of bow hunting she shot a 10 pointer with 20 3/4" inside spread, so we had to get a head mount done being that big.

Well this year was no different. Last saturday, the 2nd weekend of bow hunting, she shot a 9 pointer with 17 1/2" inside spread. This one has more mass (antlers are very thick). So as soon as i seen it, i knew yet again we were going to be getting a full head mount of this one too. We took it to register it and i kept being told "nice buck man"....which i had to reply with "its not mine, its my wifes."

So now to add to our living room walls which i have my first buck antlers, my first bucks hide, and my a skull/antler (europeon mount) of my buck two years ago. Now she will have her first buck antlers, skulll/antler of her buck 2 years ago, full head mount from last year, full head mount from this year, bear skull, and bear hide (rug).

She keeps showing me up, but im happy for her lol!

Our family pic, for now

post-8228-1358607407659_thumb.jpg

Ammo, Gunner, and her parents black lab checking it out

post-8228-13586074077383_thumb.jpg

Posing with it

post-8228-13586074078474_thumb.jpg

Ammo and Gunner thinking fresh meat will drop lol

post-8228-1358607407969_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um yeah ok I dont agree with killing animals for fun.

Its not fun its sport and you have said now you don't agree leave it there and that goes for anyone one else that is in the same mind frame.

There are 1000's of post on here I dont like/agree with Do as I do and don't reply.

Wow, that is huge - congrats to your wife :) The huskies must love the fresh meat - mine would stand and wait for something to fall too :)

My sister in law has a game farm and they often have hunters from the USA stay over by them to go hunting on neighboring farms (she doesn't hunt on her farm - it is game viewing only), but the hunters often leave them some meat as a thank you. They do have the facilities to prepare and cut their game, and the dogs wait outside the door and will not move while there is a chance of some left overs :rolleyes:

Thank you to the people who congratulated her!

Thanks Dunc, id hate to get bashed for doing a sport 90% of us up here love.

Personnal im not bashing you :D im just soooo under educated :facepalm:

eating bears is an interesting one...i can understand deer, as you can get that here and you hear about dear hunting, but bear....its not something i have ever thought about, i know you have bear season....but for some strange reason i didnt think you actually ate it LMAO...im so nieve :redface1:.

Wow have to say that is one nice buck lol. Major congrats to your wife. May I ask what type of bows you use? I've always wanted to learn to use bows lol but I don't know where we could hunt here and i've never tried it haha. Do your dogs get a tasty snack after your hunt? Do they go with you during it? Sorry lol hunting is really interesting to me but I don't know anyone that does it.

I don't object to people eating what they kill, as I know deer culls are necessary, I am just not a fan of trophies and of seeing pictures of them being strung up when I sit down to eat my lunch. A wee warning of the content of the pictures would have made me steer clear.

Thanks all!

She shoots a Diamond by Bowtech, and i shoot a Martin Exile. No we didnt give our boys any scraps, i thought about it but she didnt really like the idea...but they did steal a couple out of the scrap bucket lol. They did like licking licking up the blood though. And no, we dont take them along as you have to be quiet and still for 2-3hrs.

I apologize about no warning on the pics, didnt think about it because its so common around here.