Hello from Dakota, Sam and Kerry.

Dakotaslevin

Hello, new to the forum.

Adopted a 5 year old Huskamute yesterday and thought we would sign up here for FAQs advice and general husky chit chat.

We don't know much about Dakota's history as he has been passed about a bit, we know when he was a pup he was caged with a larger dominant male which attacked him, now he is just looking for love and lots of cuddles.

He is ever so timid, loves cats, kids, isn't startled by loud noises and gets on well with other dogs, slightly cautious when meeting male dogs, but we guess that is understandable given his past.

Even in the couple of days we have had him he has progressed a lot, his recall is getting better, coming back/waiting when called and he is slowly learning to sit at road crossings without being told.

Hopefully meet some awesome people on here if anyone is around Wiltshire, mainly Swindon, give us a shout, because that is where we live.

Dakota(Cody), Sam and Kerry

Thanks Mydiamond. We have always wanted a husky, but I wasn't keen on buying from a breeder knowing there are so many about that need a loving home, most of them were too far for us to travel, we saw Cody and he was only a 45 minute drive and the rest is history.

He is such a good boy too, just lacks a bit of obedience, teaching an old dog new tricks here. :D

Here are a few photos of Cody, phone and iPad photos so not great, will take the SLR out at the weekend and get some nicer ones :)

post-8742-13586074082567_thumb.jpg

1) On my way home. Cody is an excellent car passenger.

2) I've found my favorite place, just so happens to be the only bit of carpet downstairs. Sam and Kerry will love hoovering that.

3) After an eventful and adventurous first day, I'm going to sleep

post-8742-13586074080375_thumb.jpg

post-8742-13586074083641_thumb.jpg

Oh Sam, you have done a wonderful thing giving Cody a second chance. He reminds me so much of our first Husky, Elke. Same color and markings. Here's to many, many wonderful years.

Our boy Malaki is a Huskamute although he's more Mal' than Sibe.

He's at least a third larger than the sibes and is still growing.

the black and white Husky is Daughtry and she's a year older than Malaki the Huskamute.

post-1354-13586074094019_thumb.jpg

This shows the size difference

post-1354-13586074095061_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andy

Thanks for the welcoming guys, yeah the previous owners told us he was a husky, but when we went to collect him his size gave it away at first, not wanting to say anything about it, but they did eventually say he's part Mute. Your two are gorgeous Andy.

Cody really is perfect though, he isn't very well behaved, obediance wise, but he somehow gets away with being a bit slow by being so cute.

Even in the first 24 hours of having him here though we are seeing improvments with his recall which is good.