Hi all

Wingman

Hi, my wife Theresa and I just got a husky puppy (abbey) and then decided she needed a playmate so we found an austrailian sheppard (harley). They were both born in June about a week apart. So far they get along pretty good, a lot of play fighting and chew stealing behavior. I have tried to attach a picture of them and hope it works. Interested in experiences of others who may have matched up a different breed puppy with a husky. Any cautions or warnings. I have read a bit about "doggy" behavior if they are together too much. Thanks and we will look forward to learning. Bill

post-8744-13586074102966_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wingman
spellin fixes

:welcome:

I have a few huskies and a mini-aussie. Denali (siberian) and Aspen(Aussie) that were born 4 weeks apart, they grew up basically as brother and sister. The only thing is I think the Aussie thinks she's a Siberian. Other than that they have been the best of friends and no issues :) Good luck and looking forward to many more pics :D

Hello there and welcome! My pack is made up of 3 different breeds, a husky, Am. pit bull terrier, and pekingese and they all get along great. However I didn't have them all as puppies together and only raised one from a puppy, my pit bull, while the others joined our pack when they were 6 months: husky, and 5 months: pekingese. I'm sure they will get on great together, just research their individual breeds and dog behavior and you should be prepared :D Lots of info here on the threads so feel free to have a look around and jump in with questions and stories about your pooches.

Ah they are so adorable! I have a 9 week old Siberian Husky that I actually got to be a playmate for my six month American Eskimo. He had obvious separation anxiety when I left for work when I first got him, and getting Yuki worked out perfectly for me. He still gets super-excited when I'm home from work though, although its not as bad xD

Hi and welcome. Two great pics of your pups. I have a Springer Spaniel, Sibe X GS and a Sibe that all live together. The only problems that I have had was the Spaniel trying to be the alpha dog, but the sibe took over that role when she grew up. Now we have peace in the house..........Ron

Welcome! Abbey is just gorgeous and Harley is quite handsome. Besides our 2 girls, we also have our son's Aussie/Border Collie mix living with us. Zoya grew up with him from puppyhood. We adopted Eisa as an adult. All 3 get along great. Since both of yours are pups and growing up together, I wouldn't think you'd have too many problems with them getting along. Maybe an occasional tiff over a toy or a chew bone, but that's more or less to be expected with multiple dogs. They'll most likely bond very closely with each other and be best friends for life. Enjoy puppyhood....it'll be gone before you know it.