Panic for a second

Sarah

Was sat eating my tea, dogs outside and heard Koda litterally screaming and banging the gate at the side of the house - i shot outside to find him desperatly trying to reach a hedgehog that was wandering past!!!!

He's so cute!!! :wub:

Marc won't let us keep him though

298377_286877114760823_577109254_n.jpg

422677_286877578094110_670985346_n.jpg

:lolman: Don't know why but they tend to get crazy when they see a hedgehog. Start barking at it, jumping around it, guess it's cos they don't know what to do with it :rofl:

Kira gave me a scare one when she took it in her mouth, she dropped it immediately though, luckily there were no consequences. Kira was ok and the little guy wandered off.

Although they are cute i'm a bit obsessed with them. I go on hedgehog check before I let the girls out at night as one keeps getting into the garden somehow and Storm loves to get close to it and barks then ends up with fleas off it.

I haven't even heard of a pet hedgehog - thought they were wild animals? Thanks alot - now I'm tempted to get one, paint it blue, and name in Sonic. LOL

Because whenever somebody mentions hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehod pops into my head.

"SEGA!"

Sarah watch out for Ticks as well as fleas. We found one on the lawn injured and put it in a warm box for the night. the next day we took it to a Vet who looks after injured Hedgehogs and we found 4 fat ticks that had fallen off it........Ron

Sarah watch out for Ticks as well as fleas. We found one on the lawn injured and put it in a warm box for the night. the next day we took it to a Vet who looks after injured Hedgehogs and we found 4 fat ticks that had fallen off it........Ron

Well said Ron - ticks / fleas are nasty gits and can be common on hedgies

We have had a whole family living in our garden.Dogs found mum first,they couldn't get at her,because of her spikes,Mystie was frothing at the mouth when we found her!!We took her up to a field and released her.2 nights after they got a baby,sadly they managed to kill it before we got to it.A couple of days later they got baby no2 ,who was obviously injured and making unbelievably loud noises.We put it in a box and called our local wildlife rescue people who came straight out to collect it.I rang the next day and they said it was fine,it only had superficial cuts,and would be kept a few months then released again.About a week later they found baby number 3 ,fortunately,only 1 dog outside at time,so I was able to rescue it and take it somewhere safe(phew!).Since then we have had another adult and another baby,luckily,dogs were inside at the time.We have been really careful to check the garden each time we let them out,but in the dark it's just not easy to see them.Apparently it has been a good year for them,with it being so wet,so many slugs etc.Everytime our lot go out into the garden now,they are on hedgehog alert,and so are we!!!:rolleyes:

Edited by basketcase687

I haven't even heard of a pet hedgehog - thought they were wild animals? Thanks alot - now I'm tempted to get one, paint it blue, and name in Sonic. LOL

Because whenever somebody mentions hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehod pops into my head.

"SEGA!"

Here in the states they are an exotic pet almost as popular as ferrets now I think. LOL and quite a few of them are named sonic.