Fetch!

Erinc

We were chilling in the garden today, just Luka and myself when he decided that fetch was a good idea! Now he has never wanted to play before, (year old next week) and played dumb when it came to training - kept giving me that - "yeh right, I ain't running after that" look.

Well... I wasn't really in the mood, but he would literally throw the ball at my laptop :/ making me throw the ball for him! For a good 10-15minutes!!

At one point, I held onto all the tennis balls, and he started moaning at me!!

Good news is, apparently, he knows the difference between "drop it" and "give it" - he also listens to "wait" once I throw the ball & "bring it".

I've had him since 8 weeks and only just had the pleasure of playing fetch with my bloody dog!! lol!

Ice did a similar thing. I was throwing ball for Bear and ice just walked up to me with a ball in his mouth. He's never shown an interest before, so I figured it was a coincidence but then he dropped it on the floor in front of me and just stared at me, waiting. I still wasn't sure so I figured I'd just throw it and see, sure enough he charged up the garden after it and picked it up and brought it back. We must of played ball for a good ten minutes before he got bored and walked off. This happened about 3 weeks ago now, he doesn't play ball very often but now sometimes he does. Very bizarre! odd it took a whole year for them to decide, ok I think I wanna play ball now?!

That's great - neither of mine will play fetch. Micah will fetch whatever it is and lay down and try and eat it :D

lol like my lot then ,they get the fetch bit but refuse to bring it! and at the same time they give you that cheeky look out the corner of they eye

as if to say ha i fooled you!:)

Deiffen didn't like toys at all until he was 4! He found a ball in the street & then wanted to play fetch?! Surprising as the girl that lived with me had a border collie bitch who was mad about toys & running around after balls.

Tango will run after the ball but craps himself when the others chase him so he drops it :rolleyes:

Mishka plays ball sometimes but gets bored easily, she'd rather rag on Tango as he runs for the ball :P

aww bless him

diva has never been interested in fetch and shes nearly 16months but leyka ( 5months) on the other hand loves a game of fetch lol xx

ooo, so many posts :D its so funny reading all the posts where you guys mention the looks you get etc. I get all the same stuff too!! Oh, an yes, I was surprised at how good Luka was at fetch! Haven't played since though... I think the unpredictability, the stubbornness and the know-it-all attitude is what I love most about this breed!!

We were chilling in the garden today, just Luka and myself when he decided that fetch was a good idea! Now he has never wanted to play before, (year old next week) and played dumb when it came to training - kept giving me that - "yeh right, I ain't running after that" look.

Well... I wasn't really in the mood, but he would literally throw the ball at my laptop :/ making me throw the ball for him! For a good 10-15minutes!!

At one point, I held onto all the tennis balls, and he started moaning at me!!

Good news is, apparently, he knows the difference between "drop it" and "give it" - he also listens to "wait" once I throw the ball & "bring it".

I've had him since 8 weeks and only just had the pleasure of playing fetch with my bloody dog!! lol!

You are familiar with the fact that most huskies don't play fetch, right? Sounds like some might, but they tire of it quickly, unlike a lab, mine in particular who would only play if he could catch 2 balls and bring two back, and my husky would just run after him trying to get him to drop the balls. They were quite the pair!