I have exciting news!!

LittleLuka

As some of you know recently I've posted a few threads regarding different breeds and myself and my boyfriend arguing over what our second family member would be.

Well I was on Facebook yesterday and I follow our local husky rescue. A male husky is suddenly up for adoption. Everything about him screamed he was the right match for us!

Little Nikko is a year old black and white with blue eyes. (The appearance helped me convince Josh since that's his favorite husky look) he's great with other dogs and kids. (Not that we have any but maybe one day lol)

I just knew I needed to give him a home.i got the courage to talk to the boyfriend (okay more like beg) and he really didn't put up a fight. Smart man! He said he knew he would lose with me anyways and after looking at a pic I knew he liked him! Lol not to mention I reminded him how it would be easier to not have to deal with potty training and all the other things that come along with a puppy!

Anyways by no means is he ours YET. I just filled out an application and wrote a long email why we were the right home for him. So wish us luck that we get a home visit! I'm dying to meet him! Fingers crossed!

Here's a picture! I was so undecided until I saw him and read about him. It's like my heart is telling me this is the right one!

[ATTACH]60354[/ATTACH]

post-7406-13586074212184_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As some of you know recently I've posted a few threads regarding different breeds and myself and my boyfriend arguing over what our second family member would be.

Well I was on Facebook yesterday and I follow our local husky rescue. A male husky is suddenly up for adoption. Everything about him screamed he was the right match for us!

Little Nikko is a year old black and white with blue eyes. (The appearance helped me convince Josh since that's his favorite husky look) he's great with other dogs and kids. (Not that we have any but maybe one day lol)

I just knew I needed to give him a home.i got the courage to talk to the boyfriend (okay more like beg) and he really didn't put up a fight. Smart man! He said he knew he would lose with me anyways and after looking at a pic I knew he liked him! Lol not to mention I reminded him how it would be easier to not have to deal with potty training and all the other things that come along with a puppy!

Anyways by no means is he ours YET. I just filled out an application and wrote a long email why we were the right home for him. So wish us luck that we get a home visit! I'm dying to meet him! Fingers crossed!

Here's a picture! I was so undecided until I saw him and read about him. It's like my heart is telling me this is the right one!

[ATTACH]60354[/ATTACH]

"Hat? What hat? I don't know anything about a hat! Oh, that hat! Why, I have no idea where it came from or what happened to it ... snack on it? Oh, no, not me, I'm a good doggie!!!"

He's a good looking animal, best of luck with your paperwork and home visit - I really like his expression!!

"Hat? What hat? I don't know anything about a hat! Oh, that hat! Why, I have no idea where it came from or what happened to it ... snack on it? Oh, no, not me, I'm a good doggie!!!"

He's a good looking animal, best of luck with your paperwork and home visit - I really like his expression!!

LOL he looks so mischievous and cute at the same time! Thanks so much al! I'm really hoping we get a chance with him!

They emailed me back! :D

The only issue was that Luka is not neutered yet but I explained to them he's about to be so its not that much of an issue!

The director of the rescue is calling me tomorrow to discuss everything!! Yay!! They were very glad I am knowledgable about the breed so I look like a good candidate!

Noooooo, I was looking forward to having known someone who would have a Canaan dog. Kidding. :D Anyway, you could still need to potty train him, new place, stress...and a poo here, piss there... so.... just saying.

Hope it works out for you though. :)

Ha true but that's completely different than a brand new puppy.