desktop pets

mydiamond

OMG I so love them! XD this type of desktop pet (Idk I *think* there are more than one types) is called Shimeji. This Japanese-made pets can interact with windows (climbing windows, sitting on windows, throwing windows around...) and some of 'em automatically multiplies :P there is also a little icon that provides commands such as "come here" and "put back the window" (in case the desktop pet threw your window away) :D take a look at this... Don't you think they're cute? :wub:

post-2850-13586074216261_thumb.png

those little blue-haired girls are my desktop pets :P they automatically multiply every several minutes LOL so cute :P you can also pick 'em up (click and hold) and throw 'em around :P real fun to watch XD anyone has desktop pets? I spent almost an entire day trying to get them working on my Mac yesterday so I feel the need to tell everyone about it :P

Haha - cute! :)

I remember I used to have a desktop plant, YEARS ago, but you can't download them anymore. It was really cool, and realistic.

I also remember having a virtual pet fish. Um... MOPy, I think it was called. Again, you can't download it anymore, but that was the best virtual pet I ever encountered. There was also this tarantula one by the same company, which was also cool! :)

As for desktop pets...no. I've looked, but I can't find any that I like for my Mac. :(

There needs to be a desktop Lion/Snow Leopard/Leopard/Tiger/Panther pet for the Mac. That would be so awesome - each version of OSX could have its own exclusive pet. (Snow Leopard OSX would have the Snow Leopard pet, etc)

i actually have a game i've had since like 1998 called Petz that is similar.

only with the newer versions ( and by newer i mean like 2000 lol) you can even breed dogs and/or cats. there is a whole community on line and a billion different breeds you can get becuase some people have amazing talent and modified the breeds that came with the game.

http://petz.wikia.com/wiki/Dogz_3_and_Catz_3

everyone once in a while i start it up and play, very relaxing and cute!

I actually once programmed something like that myself (the basics). It was fun because instead of having standard actions it actually tried to learn from you, your cursor and the programs you had opened. It was fun to program but in the end it was simply just annoying to have a digital person wandering around your screen, reacting to things you're doing on the computer, lol.

i actually have a game i've had since like 1998 called Petz that is similar.

only with the newer versions ( and by newer i mean like 2000 lol) you can even breed dogs and/or cats. there is a whole community on line and a billion different breeds you can get becuase some people have amazing talent and modified the breeds that came with the game.

http://petz.wikia.com/wiki/Dogz_3_and_Catz_3

everyone once in a while i start it up and play, very relaxing and cute!

I used to play Petz 3 all the time :D I have Dogz 3 and Catz 5 LOL

The girl's called Hatsune Miku btw. :)

oh you know Miku? :D I'm her biggest fan :P love her more than any singer :P

oh can we have a husky one for the forum?

I like this idea :D can't find a husky shimeji anywhere so it'd be great if someone would make one :P