Husky markings question

kper

Ahna's markings have been coming in darker as she gets older. Are these markings common? And would saddleback markings go lower on the sides?

She has no collar on in the upper photo so there are no collar lines and the lower photo is about 6 months old.

post-5551-13586074557466_thumb.jpg

post-5551-13586074558665_thumb.jpg

Yeah if that's thin then my Freya is emaciated! Lol :P She's a gorgeous colour! Reminds me of akita colouring :) Huskies can spend their whole lives changing colours/masks/patterns, I love that about them :D So yeah this is normal, I don't think she's going to get a full saddle but she might get a nice dark stripe down her spine!

She does have a really lovely coat and markings! Like others said they change all the time as they go through their lives. My Kuma never looks exactly the same as days go by. Weight wise she reminds me of Kuma at that age, he's almost two now and just now picking up a little weight. But a lot of huskies are thin so I never woory too much.

She's almost a year and a half but I think she's also small in comparison to a "normal" husky weighing in at about 31 pounds (14kg). She weighed the same at 8 months.

Here she is at about 8 months. Not much has changed other than the darker coat. She is also very lean, in my opinion.

post-5551-13586074619217_thumb.jpg

post-5551-13586074615304_thumb.jpg

Why is part of her leg shaved? Did she have to get an IV?

Yes, she did have an IV. When we rescued her we didn't realize she was pregnant. It's a long story, but because she was so young the vet recommended an IV to keep liquids in her.

She's beautiful, by the way! :)

I really can't take any credit for that. ;)

She's lovely, Kyle! She's still young enough to be lean in a teenager-ish way, plus she looks to have a fairly short, dense coat, which contributes! Some of my guys have much longer coats, and look eternally fat! I've had a dog blow out their coat on more than one occasion, and having had them on a diet because I felt they were overweight, then suddenly realize that they were too thin! She looks healthy and well-muscled, so don't worry!