New baby -- Excited!

Juno

Hi, I'm Grace and after a very upsetting experience with adopting a mutt from a nearby rescue, we decided that a purebred dog from a breeder would be a better option. I've always loved huskies and after tons of research, I decided one would make a good match for our family. After driving 2 hours to meet a little female we found online, we brought her back home.

tumblr_mb6vl7jJOk1qm8ta5o1_500.jpg

I just love her. She is a little apprehensive of strangers, as she was a scared of me at first, but when we stuck her in the car and drove for about 30 minutes, she sat in my lap and then it was all kisses and rainbows from there.

We had a big problem with aggression from our chow mix puppy that we returned, so we wanted to make sure we got a friendly breed. She's going to be 4 months in exactly 2 days.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided to name her Juno, because after searching through nearly 600 names/words, it was the only one that really peaked her interest. That, and spoon.

She absolutely cracks me up. Who knew that huskies ears could be so expressive?

Who knew that huskies ears could be so expressive?

You have no idea. It gets worse with age as they get more practice using them on us. You will find yourself forgiving her for the most ridiculous things, all because of those soft fuzzy adorable ears. They are one of the sibs top weapons for getting out of trouble.

You have no idea. It gets worse with age as they get more practice using them on us. You will find yourself forgiving her for the most ridiculous things, all because of those soft fuzzy adorable ears. They are one of the sibs top weapons for getting out of trouble.

I caught her knocking the trashcan over, and so I sternly voiced my displeasure at her. She folded her cute fuzzy ears back and hobbled over to me, licking at the air. Of course, I forgave her.

One thing I've discovered about her, is she looks so much like a fox or wolf, so my cat uses every opportunity he can to swipe at her, even though she doesn't mess with him. He typically doesn't do that to dogs, and he didn't do that when I had that evil puppy that would try to flatten him.

This morning I took her on a confidence-building walk, because she's terrified of my 8 year old dog I think my other dog, Sadie, is just happy that she can look at her, growl, and she will back off. She's not used to puppies actually taking her seriously, so I think she's just having fun with it. Kicking her into shape before she gets much bigger. Poor Juno...

Oh, and does anyone else have a husky that is obsessed with water? Seriously, she sticks her ENTIRE face in the bowl, and her paws. Then she proceeds to walk around on the hardwood floors, spreading the liquid joy all over the house. I'm beginning to think I need to buy her a pool and a basket of towels to put by the back door.

Welcome...Huskies can also be tempermental, especially as they get older, they go "Husky Deaf" and only listen when they want to. Juno is adorable. Please be careful with your cat. Huskies have a very strong prey drive and even when they are raised with a cat, they can turn on them in a second and your cat will be history. This is why my Andy was in the system and now lives in a cat free zone!

Grace, you joined!!! and yes, Yuki loves her water bowl. She empties it out by the time I come home from work, and I often find her laying in it with both front paws. You better post tons of pics of Juno, I see you already have a ton on your fb wall, bring em here!

Welcome...Huskies can also be tempermental, especially as they get older, they go "Husky Deaf" and only listen when they want to. Juno is adorable. Please be careful with your cat. Huskies have a very strong prey drive and even when they are raised with a cat, they can turn on them in a second and your cat will be history. This is why my Andy was in the system and now lives in a cat free zone!

So far, she's very well behaved. She comes when called, and sits when told. It took less than 1 day to teach her how to lay down and Leave it. But I understand that as they get older, they start to look at it as "why do I have to? What's in it for me?"

I just love her low energy and gentle nature.

As for the cat, he's like 600 years old, and probably won't be around when she's old enough to swipe at him...