Christmas 2012

Dave

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Sinterklaas on the December the 5th (it's basically like what you have on Christmas, only it's more focussed on children). It's a tradition that Sinterklaas and his helpers throw pepernoten at the children. Normally these are reserved for just these days but they're already in the shops for a month now. The fun with these traditions is that they only happen around Sinterklaas and it loses its fun when you already have them before it even starts :( Why do they do that? Money, money, money...

By the way, these are pepernoten :popcorn:

post-2355-13586074711063_thumb.jpg

I think the hype of it all is too early, I will shop all year for Christmas, if I see something I think someone will like I will get it whether its January, July or December. The decorations and marketing of Christmas is horrible, spoils the fun of it all. What happened to 12 days of Christmas, won't be long until it's 12 months of Christmas -.-

I haven't actually noticed anything too Christmassy yet, just the tins of Roses and Quality Street on offer like every year and the odd pack of cards, but I know there is more out there haha.

I saw a doggy advent calender today though at the vets for £5.00. Was tempted, but no toooo sooon.

Yes, exactly two months from now the main holiday of the season, Christmas, takes place. So of course now that there are only about 60 days left to go shopping, everyone must hurry. That’s true in more than just racing. In retailing, you have to be the first to sell holiday goods because once the idea of an item is planted in a shopper’s head, you’re unlikely to steal that business from your competition without a price cut. If you don’t like it, stay indoors. That’s what I do.:))

By the way i do work for Tesco :)

i love Christmas but at the same time i love halloween! so i would prefer not to look at christmas decorations until after thanksgiving but i have to admit i start listening to christmas music in november hehe i just love it! not to mention my birthday is in december so its a good month for me!

I start looking forward to Christmas just after my birthday in June. I start buying gifts so the cost is spread out. But I agree Christmas decorations should be on sale from November so people can buy them ready to put up in December but nothing should be put up until then. Although last year we didn't put any decorations up, we had not long moved in and we were going to be spending Christmas around the family's houses so didn't see the point! :)