Christmas 2012

Dave

not to mention my birthday is in december so its a good month for me!

It's my birthday in December too & I hate having to share it with Christmas!! My decs go up the weekend after my birthday & come down the day after my son's birthday in January (the 12 days, as you should! :P ). As a kid, I would get 1 "big" present that would cover both celebrations .... it was horrible. But my brother is the same, his birthday is 27th Dec :rolleyes:

I went for Steve's birthday card in the first half of August & the card shop had their Christmas display out then! I took a pic on my phone, I couldn't believe it. We hadn't even had our summer holiday & the Christmas stuff was on sale!!

Every year, I say the same thing, I will start my Christmas shopping early so it's not all left to the last minute & coming out of 1 paypacket. But every year, I still run round like a headless chicken on Christmas Eve ... guess what? I started buying Christmas gifts last week! I don't know whether to be proud of myself or ashamed for being lulled into it so early!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my birthday in December too & I hate having to share it with Christmas!! My decs go up the weekend after my birthday & come down the day after my son's birthday in January (the 12 days, as you should! :P ). As a kid, I would get 1 "big" present that would cover both celebrations .... it was horrible. But my brother is the same, his birthday is 27th Dec :rolleyes:

I went for Steve's birthday card in the first half of August & the card shop had their Christmas display out then! I took a pic on my phone, I couldn't believe it. We hadn't even had our summer holiday & the Christmas stuff was on sale!!

Every year, I say the same thing, I will start my Christmas shopping early so it's not all left to the last minute & coming out of 1 paypacket. But every year, I still run round like a headless chicken on Christmas Eve ... guess what? I started buying Christmas gifts last week! I don't know whether to be proud of myself or ashamed for being lulled into it so early!!

well mines the 3rd so it's early enough. my poor dad's birthday is dec. 25 ! he always gets one present :(

LOL! My dad's birthday is also on the 25th! Christmas is not as celebrated here as in other countries (not in the past at least) so Christmas always resolves around him :) There are a lot of friends who hate having to go to family as a requirement on Christmas so they use his birthday as an excuse so say 'Sorry, I can't come., Gotta go to a birthday' and so we get a lot of Christmas escapees on his birthday. His birthday is more popular than any of ours :lolman:

At the shop where i work customers been complaining for past 2 months why we havn't got xmas things out yet, yes i have had to put my customer smile on most days but other just got a mouth full of me ( good job they know me lol ) so past week we have HAD to start putting them out. So by end of oct i'm fed up of xmas lol

LMAO... I saw Christmas stuff in Tesco yesterday... I hate the way it is built up so much so early, I like Christmas... just not the early build up.

What are your thoughts? Too early? Not early enough?

Erm... We went for a drink to the bottle an glass on the rainford bypass at the end of July, they had a table decorated in Christmas stuff advertising their Christmas lunch!