Male or female sibe ?

Mrfresh13

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of each and Bindi (F) is more moody, but then she is very dominant, she think she is the queen bee of the whole village and beyond. Alpha (M) is 95% of the time more relaxed and chilled out but can also be moody....and a cheeky monster as well....

I have two males, so I can't say from personal experience what the difference is. I have heard females are more moody as well, and that if you have two, you should not have two females, although I know people who haven't had issues.

I think males overall are easier, plus a neuter is cheaper and less invasive than a spay

we have always had entire male dogs in the past and now have 3 girls, 2 huskies and a wee crossbreed something and I prefer girls. Couldn't be bothered with the stopping to pee at every pillar and post which tends to come with the boys. Neutered ones might be different. My girls are all neutered and get along fine. We got the cross(Gem) first and then got Storm when she was 7 months old then Tanna at 3 and have had no problems at all. They took a little while to settle and get used to each other but they are just amazing together now. Gem is 10 and keeps the younger ones in check as she is still the boss, but not in an overly bossy way.

It is a personal preference really.

If they are neutered early on they won't lift their legs to pee and feel the need to spray. Nikko just stands and pees' date=' has never lifted his leg.[/quote']

Not true . My male lifts his leg n he's never 'sprayed' only pees outside

I have 2 males and a female n tbh as much as I love my baby girl , I don't think I'd have another girl dog , the boys are a lot more affectionate and cuddly , n omg hormonal Bitches in season are NOT fun lol , she is very well behaved and more willing to please then blaze is tho but I think that's her nature not down to her sex lol

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Not true . My male lifts his leg n he's never 'sprayed' only pees outside

I have 2 males and a female n tbh as much as I love my baby girl , I don't think I'd have another girl dog , the boys are a lot more affectionate and cuddly , n omg hormonal Bitches in season are NOT fun lol , she is very well behaved and more willing to please then blaze is tho but I think that's her nature not down to her sex lol

Is he neutered? I meant if they get neutered early then they won't lift their leg to pee, at least that is what I was told by the vet. I should have left off the spraying, because that is totally separate

Is he neutered? I meant if they get neutered early then they won't lift their leg to pee, at least that is what I was told by the vet. I should have left off the spraying, because that is totally separate

He is but wasn't done till around 16ish months old , I thought u were saying if they learnt to lift their leg they would spray , my mistake :-)

He is but wasn't done till around 16ish months old , I thought u were saying if they learnt to lift their leg they would spray , my mistake :-)

No problem, i re-read my post and thought the same thing LOL. I meant to say that Nikko was neutered early and he does not lift his leg to pee. Also he doesn't stop at every post or tree to pee on it either.

No problem, i re-read my post and thought the same thing LOL. I meant to say that Nikko was neutered early and he does not lift his leg to pee. Also he doesn't stop at every post or tree to pee on it either.

Ahh see now that , blaze DOES do lol

I've only owned male dogs, but I've too have heard females are more moody.

Also, spays are more expensive to do (and if you don't have the females spayed, then have fun with all the heats!), more invasive and therefore a greater chance of complications.

For males, to fix 'em, all you need is a pair of scissors. :P

I've only owned male dogs, but I've too have heard females are more moody.

Also, spays are more expensive to do (and if you don't have the females spayed, then have fun with all the heats!), more invasive and therefore a greater chance of complications.

For males, to fix 'em, all you need is a pair of scissors. :P

That depends where u go lol blazes neuter was £90 skyla's spay was £150 n for a dog her size that's really cheap :-)

I have both and have had both in the past and don't think the gender is as much an issue as personality and history. All ours are rescues....and Jason...don't know how old Nikko is, but if I remember, he's kind of young...just wait, he will start to mark...never knew a male of any breed that didn't...no matter what age he was fixed at! And females mark also...Jessy stops and pees every time the boys do, and sometimes even more...and no, she does not have an infection!

If they are neutered early on they won't lift their legs to pee and feel the need to spray. Nikko just stands and pees, has never lifted his leg.

how old was nikko neutered? Panda was done at 7 months and he feels the need to mark every pole,hydrant, tree we walk by. But that's of course if i allow him as well. At the dog park while he does mark, only 2-3 times during my usual 3 hours there.

I have 3 females 5 males. I prefer males much easier then females. A female is horrible when on heat and so moody. But I do think it depends on the dog not the sex. Ice my first sibe was easier to train where my pup kobie was so much harder I have 4 rescues so they came with problems but are now great well apart from bear my female malamute she is the devil dog I swear to god lol

how old was nikko neutered? Panda was done at 7 months and he feels the need to mark every pole,hydrant, tree we walk by. But that's of course if i allow him as well. At the dog park while he does mark, only 2-3 times during my usual 3 hours there.

Nikko was neutered at 4 months old, and he is 10 months old now. He hasn't yet started to mark anything. He kind of just stands there to pee and does not lift his leg.

Nikko was neutered at 4 months old, and he is 10 months old now. He hasn't yet started to mark anything. He kind of just stands there to pee and does not lift his leg.

really? luka doesn't lift his leg but he does mark things. he's about to go have some work done on his man parts though :D