I kind of saw this coming.

Juno

So my mother did me a favor today and let Juno out during lunch so she could go pee. According to my mother, and the multiple audio recordings that I heard, she came inside and ran around the house, howling and crying. She ducked in and out of rooms, looking around for me, but became severely depressed when she was unable to find me.

Of course I told her that when she was about to leave, she needed to put her in the crate, otherwise she would search through every cabinet in my room, and rip the dog food off of the top of her crate.

Of course, when I got home, there was a 1 gallon plastic bag of dog food with a large hole in it and about 5-6 cups of food gone. She only eats 2 cups a day, so that's nearly 3 days worth of food that she devoured in less than an hour. She will be okay, right? I mean, that's a LOT of food in one sitting.

Yup, explosive is a good description...and though dogs do experience emotions...you might want to do this "with " your mom to show her what you expect to happen so you don't have a repeat. Hopefully she won't be explosive in her crate, cause that may take a few days to get out of her system...loose, no matter which end it comes out of. She'll be okay short of a tummy ache. I would not offer her any food for at least 24 hours, just make sure she takes a drink every couple of hours, but not too much, cause it will swell up in her little tummy!

Yea... I've had that happen before with the other puppy. He had so many tummy issues.

I also just discovered that she ate toothpaste. Of course, I freaked out when I heard this, and had to check the ingredients, but it doesn't contain xylitol. We had an incident last night where she snuck into my purse and stole my pack of mentos gum, but I got her before she could swallow the first piece. She sure is keeping me on my toes!

And yes, my parents are fired as baby-sitters.

Yea... I've had that happen before with the other puppy. He had so many tummy issues.

I also just discovered that she ate toothpaste. Of course, I freaked out when I heard this, and had to check the ingredients, but it doesn't contain xylitol. We had an incident last night where she snuck into my purse and stole my pack of mentos gum, but I got her before she could swallow the first piece. She sure is keeping me on my toes!

And yes, my parents are fired as baby-sitters.

They love toothpaste and gum because of the mint. Mine will try to pick gum off the street and we will put a bit of toothpaste on the top of their lip to make them lick it off. We did get them some little minty treats, like gummy bears for dogs by Authority...Andy just loves them...chewy and minty!!!

I think most Sib Grandparents have been fired from baby-sitting duty. It takes a special person to try to understand a sib brain, let alone live with one.

If they are willing to do it, you just have to teach them what you want to happen and do it with them a couple of times. Everyone is trainable...I'd have my mom do it before one of my kids, because my kids know it all....and the one time when they were younger and I left them with a sitter, my then husky jumped through the screen and out the front window to follow them to the park...YIKES....never knew till I got home and everyone was safe, but to say the least, I was not happy!