Killer Whale Injury at SeaWorld Puzzles Experts (warning graphic wound to lower jaw)

aronoiiel

There have been clearer photos circulated since these were taken - this injury happened about 2 weeks ago following a night time performance and was caused by Nakai running into something at high speed (it's thought he was being chased by another male, Ikaika). From the looks of the injury this was obviously not a blunt object, and the people I've spoken to so far cannot think of anything likely to have caused the injury. The only areas of the tank with sharp edges are parts of the gates separating the different pools, but these parts are above the surface so it is not likely he collided with this (or it would have been witnessed - the stadium was full!). These aren't exactly blade-sharp edges anyway. Total mystery! If I ever find out what actually caused it I'll post here :P