Why is my Husky/mix twitching while sleeping?!?

jbarbillon

Please let me know any advise or answers you have on why my dog ALWAYS has these "muscle spasms" and twitches while he is asleep. EVERY time!!?? Adopted him from a shelter. He is 31/2 years old I was told. They also told me he was a Alaskan Klee Kai/Mix. He is about 40 lbs. Not sure what he is mixed with. Have tons of questions as a new dog owner. Please help! Thank you!

This is the link to the video of a example of his issue....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say he's dreaming, check out this topic about how a sleeping huskies look like http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php/46339-Vote-for-October-video-of-the-month

Mine sometimes "runs" in her sleep, sometimes makes funny noises, neither bark neither a howl, i think it's nothing to worry about, maybe someone else has a better explanation.

Yep dreaming, it's very common.

They also run whilst lying down and quite often make yipping noises

that can sometimes sound like they are laughing. :)

Nothing to worry about. :up:

my girls twitch and bark and makes some very funny little noises in there sleep its just dreaming nothing to worry about xx

Have to agree, dreaming! Sasha will curl up behind me by the wall and every once in a while she'll kick the wall - scares the hell out of me LOL! She and Avalanche both are often vocal while they're sleeping, low yips, moans, occasionally a soft bark.

Check out this from Psychology Today.

I also agree with the comment that he's too big for a KleeKai, looks more like a "plain ol' sibe" to me.

Now to go look at the link in the first message ...

Edited by Al Jones

Also just to add....he looks like a regular husky to me, not a cross, and certainly not a klee kai mix! Klee kais are terrier sized :P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60705[/ATTACH]

Wow great information! I thank you all for all your time! This is a great forum. Had over 10 comments within a few hours! Thats good to know he's having some fun dreams! Glad to know that he is a Husky as well. So being that he is 3 1/2 and only 40 lbs. . . does that mean that he's not full husky..? or does it mean he's still growing?

Wow great information! I thank you all for all your time! This is a great forum. Had over 10 comments within a few hours! Thats good to know he's having some fun dreams! Glad to know that he is a Husky as well. So being that he is 3 1/2 and only 40 lbs. . . does that mean that he's not full husky..? or does it mean he's still growing?

No he'll be done growing by now ;) He'll just be a small husky, that's not too uncommon. My Kiska's mum (a full husky) is tiny for a husky but she's purebred :)

Please let me know any advise or answers you have on why my dog ALWAYS has these "muscle spasms" and twitches while he is asleep. EVERY time!!?? Adopted him from a shelter. He is 31/2 years old I was told. They also told me he was a Alaskan Klee Kai/Mix. He is about 40 lbs. Not sure what he is mixed with. Have tons of questions as a new dog owner. Please help! Thank you!

This is the link to the video of a example of his issue....

Like everyone else said, definitely dreaming...and the fact that you adopted him, it's hard to know if they are good or bad. If you think he is distressed, very gently stroke the top of his head or between his eyes and he will settle in.

I'm shocked that nobody mentioned that he is sleeping with a person, in THE BED, ON THE PILLOW, ON THE SHEETS!!! You are truly owned by a husky...and a gorgeous one at that!!! Welcome!

I'm shocked that nobody mentioned that he is sleeping with a person, in THE BED, ON THE PILLOW, ON THE SHEETS!!! You are truly owned by a husky...and a gorgeous one at that!!! Welcome!

i apologize, i probably would have been more shocked if he wasn't in the bed, on the pillow, on the sheets! hahahaha gotta love a husky

Mine does that when bf is not at home, so he takes his place. :P

Just to add to what has already been said, he is just dreaming, nothing to worry about ;)

edit: oh, and he isn't a klee kai, at least he looks nothing like one! definitely a husky or a husky mix from what i can see in the video!