Thoughts/ prayers needed!

Alex T

Hi guys, haven't been around for a while as my GSD's health has deteriorated and we've been back and forth to the vets!

Today has got to have been the worst so far!

When I called home for lunch today (because i'd forgot to take it with me this morning) I found Beauty (my GSD) lieing in a pool of blood/ puss/ wee. Didn't think twice, just scooped her up and rushed her off to vets - vet took one look and rushed us through to a side room.

All I remember is "she needs a scan first then we'll go from there!" Have got to say that waiting around for 5 mins felt more like 5 hours! The vets face spoke a thousand words before she even opened her mouth I knew it wasnt great. They had to operate straight away or risk loosing her. Only problem was that she wasn't strong enough to be operated on - 50/50 chance!

Turns out she had some growth on her womb/ ovaries that ruptured - thankfully I came home at lunch time or else who knows what i'd have returned to after work.

The vets are still unsure if she'll pull through the night or not as we are unsure as to how long she was on the floor before I found her, and the vets are hoping that her system is able to deal with any toxins that may have gone into her blood stream.

So I ask all you to keep us in your thoughts/ prayers for the next few hours!!!

p.s. How the hell can they charge £750 for an emergency op?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never slept a wink last night - just kept checking my phone in case i'd missed a call - crazy i know!

Thankfully she has pulled through the night and has gathered enough strength throughout the day to be released home tonight, she's currently sleeping right next to my feet and hasn't moved much all night apart from to eat/ drink and then return. She is not impressed with her cone.

I am truly thankful for all the prayers, thoughts, hugs and wishes! I've never seen a dog go down hill so fast.