Latest weights of my dogs

PnkFlyd204

Was at Petsmart the other day so I had all of the dogs jump on a scale to check their weights.

Bear (Jack Russel/American Bulldog mix): 54 lbs

Tika (Husky): 72 lbs

Viggo (Husky): 82.4 lbs

My boyfriend said Viggo needs to go on a diet immediately. My vet disagrees. Viggo is very tall for a Husky and you can still feel his ribs and backbone.

I think it's funny that Viggo's daddy was 60 lbs and his mom was only 40 lbs. How in the world did Tika and Viggo get so big??? LOL

It is difficult to say what they should weigh when they are taller than standard. But if you can still feels their ribs and spine, then I am sure they are perfectly fine.

Ozzy & Micah have both had weight issues. Ozzy started it off and it was quick to get him back to where he should be, but Micah - she/we are really struggling to drop the last few excess kg's - but even once she is where I want her to be, they will both still be above breed standard. Ozzy is 4kg above standard and Micah is at her best at 5kg above standard.

How tall is Viggo? Suka, my boy, weighs around 77 pounds and he's 26" from the ground to his withers. He's also taller than the standard, and longer too, I think. Long legs compared to what I've seen in other big huskies.

Suka's "chubby" weight is 80 pounds, I can tell because its harder to feel his ribs and he doesn't have much of an 'hourglass' shape anymore.

How tall is Viggo? Suka, my boy, weighs around 77 pounds and he's 26" from the ground to his withers. He's also taller than the standard, and longer too, I think. Long legs compared to what I've seen in other big huskies.

Suka's "chubby" weight is 80 pounds, I can tell because its harder to feel his ribs and he doesn't have much of an 'hourglass' shape anymore.

Viggo is about 27" at his shoulders.